Jump to content

Match day parking advice for Saturday


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

😊😊. Thank you. Wasn’t sure it was resident permits area. 

dont give this horrible council any ideas they have already lined up 2 more large permit areas . 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

Thank you. I was thinking about that one but wasn’t sure if it was reserved in advance and would already be full?  If not are you normally able to just pay on the day? 

It's pay on day but earlier the better

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, vulva said:

All parking on the roads opposite the bowling green on Middlewood Road will now attract parking tickets until further notice. No signs up, but they are watching you from behind the curtains. Please take my word for this and don’t risk it. 
 

Please find alternative arrangements. 

Will do.  Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, dehowl said:

Parked in there recently. Nightmare getting out. Took around half an hour or so.

Thanks pal. To be fair we’d be ok with that as not in a rush to get away and parking close ish before the game is the most important thing 👍🏻

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vulva said:

All parking on the roads opposite the bowling green on Middlewood Road will now attract parking tickets until further notice. No signs up, but they are watching you from behind the curtains. Please take my word for this and don’t risk it. 
 

Please find alternative arrangements. 

Not been since last home game.

 

How are they attracting parking tickets (unless cars are in the 'clearway' near the junction)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live on one of the roads off Middlewood road not saying which one 😉 but no permits here but with the early kick off residents might not move, just avoid parking below the clearway signs they're ruthless 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

 

Just had a look and there seems to be several tram stops. Do you know which one it’s close to please 

It's at the end of the line

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Not been since last home game.

 

How are they attracting parking tickets (unless cars are in the 'clearway' near the junction)?

I wouldn’t risk it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, owler66 said:

I live on one of the roads off Middlewood road not saying which one 😉 but no permits here but with the early kick off residents might not move, just avoid parking below the clearway signs they're ruthless 

You’re brave. Traffic wardens all over tomorrow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

Hi all. After some help re parking tomorrow  I normally travel up on the train for the games I can get to however on this occasion I’m driving   I’m bringing my grandson up (with my daughter / son in law) for his first ever game. Going to arrive early (10ish) as we’re not allowed pushchairs into the ground, he’s only just turned 1, (we have ear defenders for him so he doesn’t hear Grandad’s effing and jeffing),   so we’ll have to carry him hence the need to park as close as possible. After guidance for close by parking, happy to pay and not in a rush to get away. We’re in the family area of the grandstand so that side is preferable. Any help really appreciated 


Sainsbury’s at Wadsley Bridge. Buy the family a meal deal, put receipt on dashboard, steady 10 minute walk to ground. Done it for years, never had a parking ticket. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

Hi all. After some help re parking tomorrow  I normally travel up on the train for the games I can get to however on this occasion I’m driving   I’m bringing my grandson up (with my daughter / son in law) for his first ever game. Going to arrive early (10ish) as we’re not allowed pushchairs into the ground, he’s only just turned 1, (we have ear defenders for him so he doesn’t hear Grandad’s effing and jeffing),   so we’ll have to carry him hence the need to park as close as possible. After guidance for close by parking, happy to pay and not in a rush to get away. We’re in the family area of the grandstand so that side is preferable. Any help really appreciated 

 

Get on the Rotherham Owl coach

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...