Match day parking advice for Saturday

Hi all. After some help re parking tomorrow  I normally travel up on the train for the games I can get to however on this occasion I’m driving   I’m bringing my grandson up (with my daughter / son in law) for his first ever game. Going to arrive early (10ish) as we’re not allowed pushchairs into the ground, he’s only just turned 1, (we have ear defenders for him so he doesn’t hear Grandad’s effing and jeffing),   so we’ll have to carry him hence the need to park as close as possible. After guidance for close by parking, happy to pay and not in a rush to get away. We’re in the family area of the grandstand so that side is preferable. Any help really appreciated 

2 minutes ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

Hi all. After some help re parking tomorrow  I normally travel up on the train for the games I can get to however on this occasion I’m driving   I’m bringing my grandson up (with my daughter / son in law) for his first ever game. Going to arrive early (10ish) as we’re not allowed pushchairs into the ground, he’s only just turned 1, (we have ear defenders for him so he doesn’t hear Grandad’s effing and jeffing),   so we’ll have to carry him hence the need to park as close as possible. After guidance for close by parking, happy to pay and not in a rush to get away. We’re in the family area of the grandstand so that side is preferable. Any help really appreciated 

Greyhound stadium 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

If you are getting there that early I would suggest parking in the small car park in Hillsborough park, just a gentle stroll down through the park. Sure other people will have better suggestions though.

That’s the perfect one for us as it’s so close. 220 spaces so I’m hoping we’d be early enough 

33 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Yeah I’d say just go park side and stick it somewhere on one of the residential streets around there - downside is you might be too early for many people to have gone out shopping at that time!

😊😊. Thank you. Wasn’t sure it was resident permits area. 

2 minutes ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

Sounds a possible 👍🏻

38 minutes ago, joanne said:

Middlewood Rd tram stop carpark,only 5mins walk to ground

Just had a look and there seems to be several tram stops. Do you know which one it’s close to please 

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I have been using the old wednesyite car park for night games and odd Saturday one directly opposite megastore/ticket office £5 as close as you will get

Thank you. I was thinking about that one but wasn’t sure if it was reserved in advance and would already be full?  If not are you normally able to just pay on the day? 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Car park next to the leisure centre.. fits cars in somehow. £5

or try behind the leisure centre.. you can park on one side.

Don't park on the paths around the leisure centre.. cousin recently got his clamped and towed away by the police.

Thank you. Yes definitely don’t want to risk any fines so more than happy to pay to park close ish 

All parking on the roads opposite the bowling green on Middlewood Road will now attract parking tickets until further notice. No signs up, but they are watching you from behind the curtains. Please take my word for this and don’t risk it. 

Please find alternative arrangements. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1