At beginning of the Season  when we signed midfielders, we were raving about signing Wing and mentioned in passing Byers hair style 

At the end of the season Wing has flown (sorry) and Byers has had a great Season,looking a proper footballer 

However of late he has looked jaded ,therefore best to rest him for the Play offs (Mathematically almost impossible to fail.....though we are Wednesday...)

Thoughts ???

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Think that could be suicidal 

we need to get the job done 

imagine Moore dropping 2/3 first team players abs us finishing 7th

The meltdown ( and rightly so ) would be off the charts 

Correct. I’m sure he won’t take any chances as in theory could be the last game if it goes pear shaped. And DM s too ! 

42 minutes ago, John Howard said:

At beginning of the Season  when we signed midfielders, we were raving about signing Wing and mentioned in passing Byers hair style 

At the end of the season Wing has flown (sorry) and Byers has had a great Season,looking a proper footballer 

However of late he has looked jaded ,therefore best to rest him for the Play offs (Mathematically almost impossible to fail.....though we are Wednesday...)

Thoughts ???

Had we needed to lose and others win with a 5 goal swing then that would be mathematically almost impossible to fail.  As it stands even a draw with Pompey could leave us not getting in the playoffs.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, John Howard said:

Thoughts ???

There's plenty of rest days around the play off schedule. Get the points. Even the slightest thought that we are already there would be a mistake

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, John Howard said:

Thoughts ???

Fans resting players ,fans  booking hotels .....scratching my head as to why some locals call us arrogant!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Moore has rested Byers and Luongo recently. I’d be amazed if it’s not our obvious best 3 CMs starting tomorrow.

As for your ‘mathematically impossible’ can we have your name and address so we can come round to throw rotting wet veg at you Saturday afternoon if we manage to pull off the ‘impossible’?

I do think that we might see the likes of Bannan, Luongo and Gregory have an early shower if a score or two elsewhere makes it genuinely near impossible not to make it. 

• Haha 1

Imo we have played some of our best football with Bannan, Byers, and Luongo in midfield with Bannan playing the more forward roll. Attack them from the off and with the fans roaring them on Portsmouth won't know what's hit them. I hope. UTO.

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

imagine Moore dropping 2/3 first team players abs us finishing 7th

The meltdown ( and rightly so ) would be off the charts 

we’ve got 26 pages on inflatable bananas ffs, Neil would have to rent another new server

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

Play the best possible side 

There will be no Jaded players in the play offs 

Not that any of them would admit to 

Bang on

The ones that play will get through on adrenaline
The ones that are injured won't be saying they're injured as they wanna play

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop