Time to put all rivalries aside..

Haven't been since 2018 and won't be going sat, travel costs are a bit too much.  My last competitive game with something riding on it was the blunts at home in 2012.

Hoping my next game will be early May next season by which point we will have just been crowned championship title winners.  I bleed blue and white liquid plastic 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2022 at 22:07, SDS Owl said:

I had tickets for Saturday but can’t go (managed to sell them on here).

The really funny thing is that I’m not sure I was actually looking forward to it as I’ve not been since lockdown and I was expecting pelters from all the people I used to go with who still go every week. 

I honestly felt something of a fraud turning up for the last game even though I had a season ticket for the previous 40 years.

No need to feel like a fraud pal. There are plenty of fans who for whatever reason don’t go as often as they used to, doesn’t make them any less a fan as far as I’m concerned and all are welcome back to Hillsborough any time they choose to return.

WAWAW.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

No need to feel like a fraud pal. There are plenty of fans who for whatever reason don’t go as often as they used to, doesn’t make them any less a fan as far as I’m concerned and all are welcome back to Hillsborough any time they choose to return.

WAWAW.

THIS ❤️

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I've seen loads of TrueFan nonsense on social media the last few days, fans saying 'they won't be able to sleep tonight' etc.

It's a match to secure our place in the league 1play offs. It's not exactly the Championship play off final is it?

I dunno, all the excitement around this game seems a little..dare I say it..tin pot?

Probably just me, as despite ample opportunity to do so I just don't go to the games anymore, so might have lost touch with what it's all about. 

4 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I've seen loads of TrueFan nonsense on social media the last few days, fans saying 'they won't be able to sleep tonight' etc.

It's a match to secure our place in the league 1play offs. It's not exactly the Championship play off final is it?

I dunno, all the excitement around this game seems a little..dare I say it..tin pot?

Probably just me, as despite ample opportunity to do so I just don't go to the games anymore, so might have lost touch with what it's all about. 

IMO Football is not about in which league you play or how "important" the trophy is.

If only the top of the football pyramid would count, than millions of grassroots football supports should better stop to support their team.

Fighting for a place in the playoffs league one is fun and IMO very exciting. 

If we fail today, we won't be able to participate in the Championiship play off final next season.  Winning today is an important step in the right direction.

Enjoy the way!!🦉

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

IMO Football is not about in which league you play or how "important" the trophy is.

If only the top of the football pyramid would count, than millions of grassroots football supports should better stop to support their team.

Fighting for a place in the playoffs league one is fun and IMO very exciting. 

If we fail today, we won't be able to participate in the Championiship play off final next season.  Winning today is an important step in the right direction.

Enjoy the way!!🦉

Oh I totally agree with the uninportance of league standing - I go and watch Stocksbridge Park Steels these days in the 8th tier - I just feel that some of the excitement about this game is a bit OTT.

Then again, no harm in getting excited about Wednesday and being 3 games from Wembley I guess. 

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
On 28/04/2022 at 18:49, TrickyTrev said:

I can never get my head around the “logic” of giving other fans stick because they don’t go to as many matches as others.

As far as I’m concerned the more the merrier.

Does it even happen?

im the same, the more the merrier.

I have no idea of other peoples personal circumstances and how easy or affordable it is for them to get to games regularly.