Time to put all rivalries aside..

23 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Read that. Talks a lot about what he calls "Wednesdayism". Doesn't then go to to say what he thinks Wednesdayism is.

If Wednesdayism is a thing, what is it? Discuss.

Wednesdayism is not Hooliganism? Did McGee come up with that?

I had tickets for Saturday but can’t go (managed to sell them on here).

The really funny thing is that I’m not sure I was actually looking forward to it as I’ve not been since lockdown and I was expecting pelters from all the people I used to go with who still go every week. 

I honestly felt something of a fraud turning up for the last game even though I had a season ticket for the previous 40 years.

1 hour ago, The flying pig said:

Having been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years,sitting at the side of my Dad who held a season ticket from the 1950’s.Life,work changed our circumstances. My Dad has lived in Hertfordshire for nearly 30 years now,he’s disabled but still loves Wednesday.

Ive resided in Bedfordshire for the last 20 years I’m coming up Saturday and my boy is coming from Leeds to enjoy the game with me. WAWAW

Hope you enjoy mate.

18 hours ago, The flying pig said:

Having been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years,sitting at the side of my Dad who held a season ticket from the 1950’s.Life,work changed our circumstances. My Dad has lived in Hertfordshire for nearly 30 years now,he’s disabled but still loves Wednesday.

Ive resided in Bedfordshire for the last 20 years I’m coming up Saturday and my boy is coming from Leeds to enjoy the game with me. WAWAW

There a few of us in Bedfordshire

Be glad when they finish digging up the M1

Wednesdayism is walking along the beach front of some foreign holiday destination, seeing an owls shirt walking in the opposite direction and briefly saying WAWAW then both laugh/smile knowingly whilst walking on.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, SDS Owl said:

I had tickets for Saturday but can’t go (managed to sell them on here).

The really funny thing is that I’m not sure I was actually looking forward to it as I’ve not been since lockdown and I was expecting pelters from all the people I used to go with who still go every week. 

I honestly felt something of a fraud turning up for the last game even though I had a season ticket for the previous 40 years.

No offence mate but that’s about you not the people around you

I’ve had loads of arguments with Wednesday fans on here and outside over the years, some of them have got quite nasty.

But I can honestly say come match day I’d be happy to share a drink or a friendly chat with every single one of them.

WAWAW 

• Love 1

Have I missed something here?

As far as I was concerned ALL the ‘Plastics’ & ‘part timers’ jibes were 100% tongue in cheek, mine included.

One or two of the said ‘part timers’ who thought people meant it, were immediately put right that it was all a giant pi*s take, nothing more.

Has Alex Miller got a bit whooshed with this and thought it was for real, or were there actual genuine comments on Twitter that DID actually mean it. 

As far as I can see, everyone is buzzing about seeing Hillsborough full and clearly, the only way we can do this is by ‘additional’ fans turning up. Good on em!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Have I missed something here?

As far as I was concerned ALL the ‘Plastics’ & ‘part timers’ jibes were 100% tongue in cheek, mine included.

One or two of the said ‘part timers’ who thought people meant it, were immediately put right that it was all a giant pi*s take, nothing more.

Has Alex Miller got a bit whooshed with this and thought it was for real, or were there actual genuine comments on Twitter that DID actually mean it. 

As far as I can see, everyone is buzzing about seeing Hillsborough full and clearly, the only way we can do this is by ‘additional’ fans turning up. Good on em!

100% agree 

4 hours ago, Portia said:

Wednesdayism is walking along the beach front of some foreign holiday destination, seeing an owls shirt walking in the opposite direction and briefly saying WAWAW then both laugh/smile knowingly whilst walking on.

Even better … being on holiday in India and seeing a kid in a United shirt, quietly said “up the owls” as we walked past and his Dad told me to f..off 😂