This Banana thing

5 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Taking blow up bananas to a football match is for knuckle dragging racist.

I would rather be A woke, PC, lefty dipstick halfwit than a knuckle dragging out of touch racist.

You dont have to be either

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
14 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

There will always be “just one person” who finds absolutely anything offensive.

So do we stop doing everything. I do think you’re overreacting here by quite some way.

We not talking about not holding a door open we’re talking about taking blow up bananas to a football match. Just take a blow up something else 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Of all the outcomes of an argument between two strangers on the internet - Furiously rushing out to buy an inflatable banana has to be the most unique

lol

I got a special deal, i'm getting a bunch now.😂 Buy 4 and get a fifth one free.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Because I find racism very offensive and taking blow up bananas to a football match is inappropriate and most people wouldn’t do it unless they were simple or racist 

Best thing you can do is stay away from Hillsborough on Saturday you’ll probably feel like you sat in a KKK convention 

you might just find Hillsborough in your eyes is full or simple or racist people 

Not one person is going to Hillsborough on Saturday to party their team into the playoffs honestly it’s a cover up 

it’s all about getting the seasons frustration out of the way by our black players, staff, and supports 

come on now, go have a beer put some only fools and horses on and relax 

WAWAW 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Willie Henderson said:

I remember the dark days of open racist hostility towards black players, with the monkey chants and bananas. It was horrific.

For my two-penneth I think an exclusive inflatable contingent of bananas would be a bad idea, but a mixture which included a few would be ok. Don't quite know how you could organise that though.

when was this? im glad i didnt attend football when this happened. i started going in 1984 and even back then black players at swfc were looked on in a very positive light. there wern't as many black players back then i think the 1st we had when i started going was gary thompson a powerful black striker t o t o m t o m thomo . i also attended a few away games in that era and didnt hear anything , im sure i would remember as i had 1-2 black/asian friends back then and would have been very offended if i heard those vile chants .

4 minutes ago, morganowl said:

its not a sellout . portsmouth cant shift there tickets over 500 unsold along with thousands of seats not been allowed to sell in all stands . be interesting to see if there is some official stats on how many empty seats we aint allowed to sell.  

OK I'll rephrase.

Sell out of tickets available to Owls fans.

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, fpowl said:

Best thing you can do is stay away from Hillsborough on Saturday you’ll probably feel like you sat in a KKK convention 

you might just find Hillsborough in your eyes is full or simple or racist people 

Not one person is going to Hillsborough on Saturday to party their team into the playoffs honestly it’s a cover up 

it’s all about getting the seasons frustration out of the way by our black players, staff, and supports 

come on now, go have a beer put some only fools and horses on and relax 

WAWAW 

Just take a blow up anything else 

1 minute ago, DoesJackHunt said:

We not talking about not holding a door open we’re talking about taking blow up bananas to a football match. Just take a blow up something else 

Like a bomb? 

wouldn’t that offend terrorists

• Like 1
  • Haha 1