This Banana thing

Guest DoesJackHunt
5 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I hadn’t even heard of this banana thing till about 10 minutes ago, so no, I hadn’t planned on taking a fuc**n blow up banana, and as far as I could see, this was 95% tongue in cheek from people just taking the pi*s & having a laugh.

So unless I’ve been totally whooshed, stop trying to turn it into something it isn’t and being so serious & lecturing. 

If people want to take blow up bananas big deal.

If some woke dipstick halfwits want to try and equate it with any of their right on sh*t and make something of it that isn’t, that’s their problem.

Chances are, most of them will be smashing petrol pumps up on the M25 rather than lowering themselves by watching a football match.

Taking blow up bananas to a football match is for knuckle dragging racist.

I would rather be A woke, PC, lefty dipstick halfwit than a knuckle dragging out of touch racist.

14 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Taking a blow up banana wouldn't be my usual thing, at all. But after reading that tripe, where can you buy them, defo getting one now.

Of all the outcomes of an argument between two strangers on the internet - Furiously rushing out to buy an inflatable banana has to be the most unique

lol

• Haha 5

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

No you are wrong and out of touch-  It’s not about if you think it’s racist,

it could be viewed as racist, if one person could be offended by it why do it.

take inflatable anything but not Bananas

Also how do you know there’s no racist agenda to it. I would question anyone who thinks taking a blow up banana to a football match is an appropriate thing to do  

I don't care that you question it because I flat out refuse to let you encroach on anything I do because of your perceptions and your absolute need to feel relevant. You are being stereotypically idiotic in your pursuit of this particular subject. Now don't go away mad, just go away. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DoesJackHunt said:

No-  you are out of touch and it’s that attitude as to why we still have huge issues with racism. You’re assuming there are no racist son here,  you are wrong. 
you’re assuming everyone sees it as harmless banter ‘, you are wrong. 
I’m all for inflatable but Banana’s…… why?

it’s not enough to not be racist. You have to be against racism, this is obviously controversial so why support it.

if just one person could find it offensive then why do it. 

Take anything else but not Banana’s 
If you take an inflatable Banana you’re a pr!ck, it’s that simple ! 

If one person finds anything offensive we should all just lock ourselves in the house turn off our TVs abs unplug the internet 

If you think we live in the same society as we did in the 60s and 70s Christ you need to get your head up and look around 

nobody saying racism doesn’t exist still but I think everybody can tell the difference to where we was 60 years ago 

Christ women have been voting for years too

gay people can get married 

This is not racist if your getting offended by it being racist I think you’ve got bigger issues it’s ludicrous to link the two together 

your taking and innocent party carnival into a controversial subject abs the only person making it about the colour of somebodies skin is you 

you should be ashamed to be fair you’ve made a racist topic appear on a promotion party thread Shame on you 

how on earth as this offended you so much, even if you’ve been subject to racist abuse in the way of bananas this certainly isn’t the case 

it’s like avoiding the fruit and veg section in Morrison because if you walk past the stand abs see them selling it you’ll get offended 

take it as the context that it’s aimed at 

its a promotion party 

• Like 8

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Your one of them people who cries to ofcom when mel and sue mentioned a soggy bottom on bake off arent you 🤣

I just think racism is abhorrent and feel that you should too 

2 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

No you are wrong and out of touch-  It’s not about if you think it’s racist,

it could be viewed as racist, if one person could be offended by it why do it.

take inflatable anything but not Bananas

Also how do you know there’s no racist agenda to it. I would question anyone who thinks taking a blow up banana to a football match is an appropriate thing to do  

ok I’m offended by hunting, let’s ban Jack hunting 

• Haha 3

I remember the dark days of open racist hostility towards black players, with the monkey chants and bananas. It was horrific.

For my two-penneth I think an exclusive inflatable contingent of bananas would be a bad idea, but a mixture which included a few would be ok. Don't quite know how you could organise that though.

1 minute ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Taking blow up bananas to a football match is for knuckle dragging racist.

I would rather be A woke, PC, lefty dipstick halfwit than a knuckle dragging out of touch racist.

Look at it this way though mate

If you're right then it's gonna be really easy for the police to spot em

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Andy W
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just so you know I was just posting what it's about - not my views

Wasnt directed at you personally...just the general notion that it could be an issue

2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

I'm sure there'll be hundreds of inflatables of all different types and sizes and why not, it's a sell out.

Not like we've not done it before.

OTT OP for me.

UTO

its not a sellout . portsmouth cant shift there tickets over 500 unsold along with thousands of seats not been allowed to sell in all stands . be interesting to see if there is some official stats on how many empty seats we aint allowed to sell.  

2 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Taking a blow up banana wouldn't be my usual thing, at all. But after reading that tripe, where can you buy them, defo getting one now.

Had to be said. Way too many people trying to tell the rest of us what is and isn't acceptable. Where's best to buy them? Ebay or Amazon I suppose. Do they need a fire certificate and could a multitude of blow up bananas interfere with safe evacuation of the ground if the need should arise.

You'll be getting a bunch of fyffes if you're not careful KP. :biggrin:🍌

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, fpowl said:

If one person finds anything offensive we should all just lock ourselves in the house turn off our TVs abs unplug the internet 

If you think we live in the same society as we did in the 60s and 70s Christ you need to get your head up and look around 

nobody saying racism doesn’t exist still but I think everybody can tell the difference to where we was 60 years ago 

Christ women have been voting for years too

gay people can get married 

This is not racist if your getting offended by it being racist I think you’ve got bigger issues it’s ludicrous to link the two together 

your taking and innocent party carnival into a controversial subject abs the only person making it about the colour of somebodies skin is you 

you should be ashamed to be fair you’ve made a racist topic appear on a promotion party thread Shame on you 

how on earth as this offended you so much, even if you’ve been subject to racist abuse in the way of bananas this certainly isn’t the case 

it’s like avoiding the fruit and veg section in Morrison because if you walk past the stand abs see them selling it you’ll get offended 

take it as the context that it’s aimed at 

its a promotion party 

Because I find racism very offensive and taking blow up bananas to a football match is inappropriate and most people wouldn’t do it unless they were simple or racist 

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Look at it this way though mate

If you're right then it's gonna be really easy for the police to spot em

lol

We’re going to look like a bunch of thick racists