This Banana thing

Guest Andy W
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

So everyone understands what this thread is about:

Some fans have organised / promoted the idea of hundreds of huge inflatable bananas for this big match on Saturday

Am guessing the OP is talking about the prospect of it being seen in a different context on TV with loads of bananas being thrown on the pitch close to a black player or manager

Pathetic connection

Just a bit of fun taken WAY WAY WAY out of any semblance of reality.

PC gone completely bonkers

What does it possibly matter the mearest thought of someones colour of skin, irrelevant

Pathetic

Guest DoesJackHunt
9 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

It's not Jack, not at all. Inflatable banana's are just a fun thing because they are bright and resemble a meat sword. I'm sure there will be a few amongst other silly things being thrown about. There is no racism to be found here no matter how hard you look. Lighten up dude, we're in party mode until proven otherwise. Have a couple of weeks 

No you are wrong and out of touch-  It’s not about if you think it’s racist,

it could be viewed as racist, if one person could be offended by it why do it.

take inflatable anything but not Bananas

Also how do you know there’s no racist agenda to it. I would question anyone who thinks taking a blow up banana to a football match is an appropriate thing to do  

Just now, @owlstalk said:

lol

Shouldn't laugh but imagine reading this post in ten years time when all this banana controversy is long forgotten

Log onto here to find someone ranting that they dont' want to take a blow up banana to the footy 🤣

Who would be daft enough to bump an old thread from 10 years ago? 

Good evening @sexpistol!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andy W said:

Pathetic connection

Just a bit of fun taken WAY WAY WAY out of any semblance of reality.

PC gone completely bonkers

What does it possibly matter the mearest thought of someones colour of skin, irrelevant

Pathetic

Just so you know I was just posting what it's about - not my views

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

No-  you are out of touch and it’s that attitude as to why we still have huge issues with racism. You’re assuming there are no racist son here,  you are wrong. 
you’re assuming everyone sees it as harmless banter ‘, you are wrong. 
I’m all for inflatable but Banana’s…… why?

it’s not enough to not be racist. You have to be against racism, this is obviously controversial so why support it.

if just one person could find it offensive then why do it. 

Take anything else but not Banana’s 
If you take an inflatable Banana you’re a pr!ck, it’s that simple ! 

Your one of them people who cries to ofcom when mel and sue mentioned a soggy bottom on bake off arent you 🤣

• Haha 4

This will end up like that Chubby Brown protest outside City Hall won't it.

Loads of people who previously had no intention of bringing an inflatable banana now saying they are bringing one to show the leftie woke scum, but on the day it will be barely half a dozen sheepish looking blokes feeling a bit of a 'nana carrying around a sad looking inflatable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

No you are wrong and out of touch-  It’s not about if you think it’s racist,

it could be viewed as racist, if one person could be offended by it why do it.

take inflatable anything but not Bananas

Also how do you know there’s no racist agenda to it. I would question anyone who thinks taking a blow up banana to a football match is an appropriate thing to do  

im offended by your comments - but I’m not making a big deal out of it 

I think you just need to get a life 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

No-  you are out of touch and it’s that attitude as to why we still have huge issues with racism. You’re assuming there are no racist son here,  you are wrong. 
you’re assuming everyone sees it as harmless banter ‘, you are wrong. 
I’m all for inflatable but Banana’s…… why?

it’s not enough to not be racist. You have to be against racism, this is obviously controversial so why support it.

if just one person could find it offensive then why do it. 

Take anything else but not Banana’s 
If you take an inflatable Banana you’re a pr!ck, it’s that simple ! 

Taking a blow up banana wouldn't be my usual thing, at all. But after reading that tripe, where can you buy them, defo getting one now.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I hadn’t even heard of this banana thing till about 10 minutes ago, so no, I hadn’t planned on taking a fuc**n blow up banana, and as far as I could see, this was 95% tongue in cheek from people just taking the pi*s & having a laugh.

So unless I’ve been totally whooshed, stop trying to turn it into something it isn’t and being so serious & lecturing. 

If people want to take blow up bananas big deal.

If some woke dipstick halfwits want to try and equate it with any of their right on sh*t and make something of it that isn’t, that’s their problem.

Chances are, most of them will be smashing petrol pumps up on the M25 rather than lowering themselves by watching a football match.

Had to be said. Way too many people trying to tell the rest of us what is and isn't acceptable. Where's best to buy them? Ebay or Amazon I suppose. Do they need a fire certificate and could a multitude of blow up bananas interfere with safe evacuation of the ground if the need should arise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4