This Banana thing

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Why Bananas?

I thought that's a Man City thing, isn't it?

It’s actually a Wednesday thing

Wednesday fans had them at an away game in reference to Imre Veradi in the 80’s because of the similar sounding name or summat 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bananas aren't racist ffs. I eat them everyday. 

Just now, horny owl said:

Wednesday fans had them at an away game in reference to Imre Veradi in the 80’s because of the similar sounding name or summat 

This is getting weirder and weirder this thread

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, fpowl said:

You my friend are being a drama queen not one person on here is being racist or indicating racism 

there were bananas thrown around wemberly, Cardiff, and just about every final away game I’ve been to since 2000

I see inflatable Bananas at fun fairs and at seasides non of it is racist 

your attitude in trying to make it something it’s not will cause divide in something that’s innocent 

I’m sure the good people of Hillsborough would have bananas hurled at our black players those around anybody trying it would just be dealt with 

they certainly would be if they was around me 

you are making something fun an jubilant into a tense affair stop finding insults that don’t exist there’s enough sh£&t in this world than for people like you to try and stir more of it 

No-  you are out of touch and it’s that attitude as to why we still have huge issues with racism. You’re assuming there are no racist son here,  you are wrong. 
you’re assuming everyone sees it as harmless banter ‘, you are wrong. 
I’m all for inflatable but Banana’s…… why?

it’s not enough to not be racist. You have to be against racism, this is obviously controversial so why support it.

if just one person could find it offensive then why do it. 

Take anything else but not Banana’s 
If you take an inflatable Banana you’re a pr!ck, it’s that simple ! 

1 hour ago, chrysoar said:

Whoever came up with this idea, Do they not see this as potentially offensive to some. Maybe land the club in trouble, It needs to be stopped. I'm not woke, rant over.

is your problem with a curved banana or a straight one? oops cant say that in 2022. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bigthinrob said:

I hadn’t even heard of this banana thing till about 10 minutes ago, so no, I hadn’t planned on taking a fuc**n blow up banana

lol

Shouldn't laugh but imagine reading this post in ten years time when all this banana controversy is long forgotten

Log onto here to find someone ranting that they dont' want to take a blow up banana to the footy 🤣

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

No-  you are out of touch and it’s that attitude as to why we still have huge issues with racism. You’re assuming there are no racist son here,  you are wrong. 
you’re assuming everyone sees it as harmless banter ‘, you are wrong. 
I’m all for inflatable but Banana’s…… why?

it’s not enough to not be racist. You have to be against racism, this is obviously controversial so why support it.

if just one person could find it offensive then why do it. 

Take anything else but not Banana’s 
If you take an inflatable Banana you’re a pr!ck, it’s that simple ! 

cos you are a melt

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What ever you do,don't dare anybody enjoy themselves or have fun creating an atmosphere for our last home game.....

It's not big and it's not clever,how bloody dare you....

Who was at Wembley in 91 brilliant time I got 3 teddies in 1 eye and a fluffy flamingo round back of head and dont start me on the humpty dumpy that popped my nose!!!!

UTO

• Haha 3