This Banana thing

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, ArMozzers said:

Maybe so. Better ways of dealing with it too...

Listen all the points you made were taken completely out of context. 
I’ve been battling to make my point against poster after poster and the point has always been the same. Bananas are a bad choice. Which by the sounds of things you agree with.

you can’t just pull things out of my arguments and present them completely out of context to try and rip apart my character. I’m enemy number 1 at the minute, which is obvious, so to come late in the argument and present what I’ve said out of context is about if order. Its just a easy way to get some likes

The things that you used against me were often in response to accusations thrown at me like why don’t I get Greta thumburg involved. And that I should be glueing myself to the M25. It was just people trying to trivialise my point.

I’ve called no one a racist, I just said that you’re a pr!ck if you take a banana because there’s better choices. Which is true and I’ll stand by that for another 50 pages if I have to.

people obviously don’t like he fact I think Bananas could be seen as offensive but if you are chucking real bananas on a pitch at any time, for any reason you would probably get arrested. 

11 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I’ve called no one a racist, I just said that you’re a pr!ck if you take a banana because there’s better choices. Which is true and I’ll stand by that for another 50 pages if I have to.

This is the bit I disagree with most... If someone takes an inflatable banana to match to have fun with and they had no idea of how it might come across, then it doesn't make them a pr!ck. If someone took an inflatable banana to a match with the intent of insulting someone or to make fun of someone or to cause some sort of negative scene, then sure, they're a pr!ck.

You can certainly argue that the former might be ignorant (I'd never have thought anyone would find it offensive until seeing this thread so maybe I am also ignorant on the matter, having never seen bananas used in an offensive way for anyone), but it's knowledge and intentions that decide if someone is a pr!ck or not. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
19 minutes ago, Owl-about-that-then said:

This is the bit I disagree with most... If someone takes an inflatable banana to match to have fun with and they had no idea of how it might come across, then it doesn't make them a pr!ck. If someone took an inflatable banana to a match with the intent of insulting someone or to make fun of someone or to cause some sort of negative scene, then sure, they're a pr!ck.

You can certainly argue that the former might be ignorant (I'd never have thought anyone would find it offensive until seeing this thread so maybe I am also ignorant on the matter, having never seen bananas used in an offensive way for anyone), but it's knowledge and intentions that decide if someone is a pr!ck or not. 

Ok yeah fair point, but really if you’ve not heard of bananas being thrown at black players before. Surely all you need is some to make you aware of that happing historically and then you chose not to take a banana and take a unicorn instead. 
If there were any members of owlstalk that weren’t aware of those historical issues, then they are now, so no one could claim ingnorance to that anymore and anyone taking a banana tomorrow who’s read this thread, is a therefore a bit of a pr!ck or hasn’t had time to get a different inflatable….no ? 

@DoesJackHunt

• The context point is arguable. I don't do inflatables full stop.
  • Don't assume I haven't been in this thread from the start. People are trivialising your point because, to them, it is trivial. As are "likes".
  • You are calling people pr!cks for a reason. It goes beyond "better choices". Pure sophistry to suggest otherwise.
  • I'm still sure you are a nice bloke at heart, with a decent character. I think you've gone overboard and most of the pushback comes from there.
  • I can only speak for myself of course, but you aren't even on my enemy list, let alone at the top of it. Honestly.

Have a good Friday night and here's hoping we get what we want (on the pitch) tomorrow. UTO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Right

throwing a banana onto the pitch when black players are around is racist. No one is arguing any different. 

Throwing an inflatable banana around on the last match of the season is not racist. 

I doubt any black player will be offended if they see a dozen. Two dozen. Two hundred  inflatable bananas bouncing round the crowd. 

you really are making the proverbial mountain out of a molehill but I suspect you’re in too deep and don’t want to back down and admit you’ve not read the room 

just my opinion like. 

I don't know the stats, but there can't be many teams, who have a "black" manager?

Don't you think that those Bananas send a message, especially after DM had to put up with a lot of offence this season? 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
11 minutes ago, ArMozzers said:

@DoesJackHunt

• The context point is arguable. I don't do inflatables full stop.
  • Don't assume I haven't been in this thread from the start. People are trivialising your point because, to them, it is trivial. As are "likes".
  • You are calling people pr!cks for a reason. It goes beyond "better choices". Pure sophistry to suggest otherwise.
  • I'm still sure you are a nice bloke at heart, with a decent character. I think you've gone overboard and most of the pushback comes from there.
  • I can only speak for myself of course, but you aren't even on my enemy list, let alone at the top of it. Honestly.

Have a good Friday night and here's hoping we get what we want (on the pitch) tomorrow. UTO.

So .

1, I 100% do argue that you took my comments out of context, you’re a clever chap by the looks of things so I’m pretty sure you know that.

2, the reason I’m banging on is exactly that reason, people think it’s trivial and to me it isn’t trivial and shouldn’t be seen as such.

3, I’ve haven’t called anyone a pr!ck, I’ve just said if you take a banana you’re pr!ck,

As things stand no bananas have been taken. Although, owl about that then made some good point which I’ve responded to just a couple of post up,

essentially there are some get outs where you can take a banana and not be a pr!ck but you would need to younger than me and have not read this thread.

4, I am a lovely guy, one of the best, you would love me if we were mates.

I obviously noticed people think I went overboard but that’s exactly why I kept going… see point 2. 

5, I’m glad I’m not on your enemy list, I would really like a cuddle to be honest, it’s been a tough 24 hours. 

have a great night and enjoy the match tomorrow too. 

2 hours ago, Luke said:

A) its spelt racist 

B)ye I'm a hater on pathetic people like you who spends their life looking for issues and problems that dont exist 

You life must be pretty amazing if a inflatable banana has caused you to stay up most of the night wondering if its racist 

Get a life 

a) thanks a lot 👍. unfortunately  my spelling often let's me down. I'll try to improve!

b) I guess you don't refer to me as I am generally rather relaxed and prefer "live and let live" and I am absolutely against  the "woke" trend in society.

However, I do believe that the majority of people in society and also here on Owlstalk are friendy, decent people, who never intentionally would offend or harm another person.

The problem is, that many just keep quiet because is really exhausting and unnerving to stand up to haters and racists. Everybody knows, that nothing we could say will ever change the opinion of this minority. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luke said:

A) its spelt racist 

B)ye I'm a hater on pathetic people like you who spends their life looking for issues and problems that dont exist 

You life must be pretty amazing if a inflatable banana has caused you to stay up most of the night wondering if its racist 

Get a life 

A bit harsh on her matr

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 minutes ago, Taz said:

This thread is properly mental 

Yeh we’re all nutters and this thread is mental Taz

Edited by DoesJackHunt

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Shouldn't laugh but imagine reading this post in ten years time when all this banana controversy is long forgotten

Log onto here to find someone ranting that they dont' want to take a blow up banana to the footy 🤣

"Forgotten" like it has been over the previous 30-odd years..?

3 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

What about if all just sing,

1 banana,2 banana,3 banana 4!!!

While waving them...?

Our song,our banana's!!!

WAWAW....

I don't intend to stop anybody from throwing bananas. As I said.. it would be foolish to believe that I can stop any racist or hater.

It's still important to stand up and make sure that nobody "accidentally" offends other people.

For me it's all about making people aware that 

- some actions do hurt other people (if you want to throw bananas do so! But just don' try to tell us that you had good intentions)

- there is a majority of good people out there, who just stay quiet 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 28/04/2022 at 19:30, DoesJackHunt said:

No-  you are out of touch and it’s that attitude as to why we still have huge issues with racism. You’re assuming there are no racist son here,  you are wrong. 
you’re assuming everyone sees it as harmless banter ‘, you are wrong. 
I’m all for inflatable but Banana’s…… why?

it’s not enough to not be racist. You have to be against racism, this is obviously controversial so why support it.

if just one person could find it offensive then why do it. 

Take anything else but not Banana’s 
If you take an inflatable Banana you’re a pr!ck, it’s that simple ! 

Hi DJH, 

Not sure if you're aware but if you go to the last game of the season people regularly take inflatables. Been like that for many years, except last season, because we couldn't go. But hey ho. 

Going to be a full house tomorrow, and me, like most are getting quite excited at this prospect. So I thought let's have a look at Amazon to see what inflatables I can find. I've not got much money so I was on a budget. 

Had a look. Found a few different items and then I found this. Inflatable Banana's for £2.45. Absolute bargain. And do you know what? We have a song that has the word banana in it. Perfect. 

It's only going to get thrown around, so at £2.45 it's not going to break the bank. So I tweeted it. And guess what, other people have bought into it. 

I'm amazed (actually I'm not to be honest) that someone has made this into something that it isn't. I'm not a racist. Far from it. This wasn't a racist remark. But thank you for labelling me a tail. 

Oh and I've bought two banana's (and a dinosaur too) so does that make me a double tail? 

Thanks. 

p.s. Enjoy the game DJH, we're all wednesday aren't we. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just my take on this :

Waving inflatable bananas at a football match - not racist, harmless & possibly a bit sad.

Waving inflatable bananas at a football match in a suggestive manner while licking them & rubbing your thighs - not racist, just distubing.
Throwing actual bananas on the pitch at black players - yes deffo racist. Get a life knuckledragger.
Turning up at football match dressed like this & claiming it's the new away kit (with or without bananas inflatable or otherwise)  - even more of a sad & daft racist & much deserving of a swift kick in the happy sack.

KKK.jpg

• Love 1