This Banana thing

@DoesJackHunt

In approximate order:

• You aren't the sole arbiter of what is and isn't appropriate. You assume you are, otherwise you would display a little humility.
  • You didn't have to take everyone on. I suspect most of the dissenters don't like your tone as much as what you are saying.
  • Nobody is suggesting "blacking up".
  • I always refrain from using "woke", "lefty" and "snowflake" about anyone. They hold about as much meaning as "gammon" and are just indicators of how far public discourse has been degraded in the Web 2.0 era.
  • I can't be arsed combing this thread but you have gone way beyond appealing for a lack of plastic bananas at the game. That's why so many posters have baited/memed you. You have slain enough characters on the way to page 27 that your protests fall somewhat flat. My somewhat pithy comments about you are in line with what you have "Doled" out.
  • OP made the same point as you but somehow managed to not irk so many other posters, there is a good reason for that. I stand by what I said, it was only when you started whiteknighting for Greta Thunberg that I realised your perspective is way out of wack and felt compelled to comment in such a fashion. It wasn't nice, but in the throes of your (perceived) virtue, neither are you. Normally though, I'm sure you're a real nice bloke. I can tell your heart is in the right place.

Anyways, see you on the Kop tomorrow. I'll be the one not holding a banana. UTO.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GermanBird said:

TBH I don't like any inflatables in general, but that's just me.

I just don't see the point, why we should use the last league game of the season to offend anybody.

Let's have fun in blue and white and maybe even pink. 

What about a bit of brown?

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

Careful Luke - GB will call you a hater if you keep that up

Who gives a flying f#ck 

Imagine openly admitting you would stay up most of the night wondering if a inflatable banana is racist

All the things happening in the world and a banana is pushing you over the edge 

Jesus christ ,get a bloody life 

Edited by Luke
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

Who would ever call Luke a hater or rassist 

A) its spelt racist 

B)ye I'm a hater on pathetic people like you who spends their life looking for issues and problems that dont exist 

You life must be pretty amazing if a inflatable banana has caused you to stay up most of the night wondering if its racist 

Get a life 

39 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Why aren’t the sale of inflatable bananas outlawed if they’re so racist ?

OR 

is it the person buying/holding the banana that’s racist ? 

SO

is everyone that purchases/ holds/bats an inflatable banana a racist ? 

It should be on the front of the packet in bold letters "RACIST INFLATABLE BANANA"

That way you cant' be accidentally racist by buying one in error

Owlstalk Shop

Here's the appropriate  non-racist football chant to go with all the hundreds of inflatables tomorrow

Tra la la, tra la la, la
Tra la la, tra la la, la
Tra la la, tra la la, la
Tra la la, tra la la, la

One banana, two banana, three banana, four
All bananas make a split, so do many more
Over hill and highway, the banana buggies go
Come along to bring you the banana splits show

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It should be on the front of the packet in bold letters "RACIST INFLATABLE BANANA"

Neil, I think you should put some sort of triggering warning at the beginning of this thread. I’d hate Owlstalk to be cancelled or owt

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, ArMozzers said:

@DoesJackHunt

In approximate order:

• You aren't the sole arbiter of what is and isn't appropriate. You assume you are, otherwise you would display a little humility.
  • You didn't have to take everyone on. I suspect most of the dissenters don't like your tone as much as what you are saying.
  • I always refrain from using "woke", "lefty" and "snowflake" about anyone. They hold about as much meaning as "gammon" and are just indicators of how far public discourse has been degraded in the Web 2.0 era.
  • I can't be arsed combing this thread but you have gone way beyond appealing for a lack of plastic bananas at the game. That's why so many posters have baited/memed you. You have slain enough characters on the way to page 27 that your protests fall somewhat flat. My somewhat pithy comments about you are in line with what you have "Doled" out.
  • OP made the same point as you but somehow managed to not irk so many other posters, there is a good reason for that. I stand by what I said, it was only when you started whiteknighting for Greta Thunberg that I realised your perspective is way out of wack and felt compelled to comment in such a fashion. It wasn't nice, but in the throes of your (perceived) virtue, neither are you. Normally though, I'm sure you're a real nice bloke. I can tell your heart is in the right place.

Anyways, see you on the Kop tomorrow. I'll be the one not holding a banana. UTO.

Pretty much none of that is actually true though 

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So the racist is the one doing the inflating not the one doing the waving/chucking.

thank goodness for that, I’ve been worried that I’d become a racist if sed banana hit me on the back of my head 

1 hour ago, ArMozzers said:

@DoesJackHunt

In approximate order:

Spot on.

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Spot on.

It’s not though because None of that is actually true, 

19 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Pretty much none of that is actually true though 

I'll leave others to be the judge of that. Other posters not racist, knuckle dragging, autistic girl bullying, neanderthals that think they want to go back to the 80's because they don't share your opinion. But in your mind they are. Because you say so.

Yours, sans banana,

ArMozzers

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 minute ago, ArMozzers said:

I'll leave others to be the judge of that. Other posters not racist, knuckle dragging, autistic girl bullying, neanderthals that think they want to go back to the 80's because they don't share your opinion. But in your mind they are. Because you say so.

Yours, sans banana,

ArMozzers

Just better choices than Bananas isn’t there