This Banana thing

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

WHAT.

What’s the point of coming on Owlstalk other than to offend people.

Especially fuc**n remainers. (And part timer plastics).

I do love the community feeling here on Owlstalk. Here are so many wonderful people with heartwarming storys, different opinions, exuberant emotions.

It's just like a big family here.

Not sure, why everybody seems to be on drugs right now. Guess we all try to calm our nerves by becoming weirdos?

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I do love the community feeling here on Owlstalk. Here are so many wonderful people with heartwarming storys, different opinions, exuberant emotions.

It's just like a big family here.

Not sure, why everybody seems to be on drugs right now. Guess we all try to calm our nerves by becoming weirdos?

What are we, “a wonderful heart warming family” or “weirdo’s”?

Make your mind up!!!

🤣🤣 

4 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Hahhahhahahah, yes let a poke fun at an autistic teenager who’s trying to stop the planet from over heating and killing us all. 
this is why I’m kicking off, people like you, completely out of touch. Go on, take a banana, it’s your right to be a that guy.

be that guy and look in the mirror and say to yourself, I’m the guy that takes no responsibility for anything and ignores the desperate cry from the rest of intelligent society to try and make the place a better more inclusive, sustainable world for everyone 

As long as those woke nobs don’t get in the way of you having fun with your inflatable banana and no one makes you late for work protesting about the fact if we don’t change our ways we will boil in our spherical sun orbiting prison. 

be that guy because you’re good at it 

Most of us manage to do our bit for the environment but can't manage being a full time campaigner like a well-off Swedish teenager can. Most of us do the right thing without being lectured to and harangued. Most of us can find our own moral compass without being lectured to.

You sound like a man who is high off his own righteous dopamine hits. Honestly, get yourself outside and scream at the traffic.

Finally, most of us can have fun in our own way without the likes of you telling us all off. Get yourself some humility mate.

And I STILL don't want to take a banana to the game.

UTO.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

I shouldn't get involve in that. It's your own decision, how you treat people and I won't be able to change it.

For me there are two possible explanations, why somebody would want to take inflatable bananas to a football game:

To honor a player from the 80th or because he is a racist.

I spent all night looking for another explanation, but I can't find one.

If it's just about having fun, we would choose blue or white smoke bombs, bring flags, maybe some flares. 

As most of you insist that your are no rassists, maybe we should rather discuss what else we can do to honor  Imre Varadi  tomoorow in a way, which might not offend anybody. I am sure that Imre Varadi will understand, if we rather sing a friendly chant instead of using rassist gestures

I knew you'd eventually be involved in this 🤣

And you spent all night thinking about it 🤣

Really ? 

I think you might need a therapist or better yet get out in the real world 

It's a inflatable banana ffs 

THERE IS NOTHING RACIST ABOUT IT 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

you dont have a 5m paddle board, you've never been paddle boarding and you will never go paddle boarding 

Oh but I do, yes I have and yes I will. 

The only lie I told was that its yellow. It’s red and blue really.

You'll never be a detective 

21 minutes ago, Luke said:

I knew you'd eventually be involved in this 🤣

And you spent all night thinking about it 🤣

Really ? 

I think you might need a therapist or better yet get out in the real world 

It's a inflatable banana ffs 

THERE IS NOTHING RACIST ABOUT IT 

Careful Luke - GB will call you a hater if you keep that up

I’m very much enjoying this thread I must admit. I’ve heard so much about the ‘culture wars’ and it’s nice to finally be a part of it! 
I am so excited to see what will happen tomorrow regarding the bananas I have actually managed to forget there is a game on. Maybe that’s the point of the thread? Maybe that’s the point of the culture wars? To distract us from the important things that are actually happening all around us?

Anyway, I’ve had a banana smoothie at lunch time (my second in 24 hours) and still haven’t had any racist thoughts….

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
57 minutes ago, ArMozzers said:

Most of us manage to do our bit for the environment but can't manage being a full time campaigner like a well-off Swedish teenager can. Most of us do the right thing without being lectured to and harangued. Most of us can find our own moral compass without being lectured to.

You sound like a man who is high off his own righteous dopamine hits. Honestly, get yourself outside and scream at the traffic.

Finally, most of us can have fun in our own way without the likes of you telling us all off. Get yourself some humility mate.

And I STILL don't want to take a banana to the game.

UTO.

If your moral compass says taking a blow up banana to a football game is fine then I don’t think it’s a well set moral compass. 

I’m not getting a thrill out of having to take on person after person trying to put me down, it’s hard work and I’ve been doing it a long time now.

If I didn’t feel that this was a very important point I would have given up 20 pages ago

All I’ve said is take something else inflatable because it’s the right thing to.

you might not agree with that but why not? 
Do you think it’s ok to black up for fancy dress, no, I suspect you don’t.

this is the same, it’s no different, people might see it as a bit of harmless fun but because of the historical racial abuse attached to monkey chants and banana throwing there would be more sensible and inclusive inflatables to take.

that’s all I’m saying but the amount of people against me saying that is incredible. 

I think it’s because I’m obviously a woke lefty that’s why people keep having ago.

All I’m saying is don’t take blow up bananas, take something less controversial , does that warrant 20 pages of discussion or the character assassinations ?( thanks for that by the way).

You’re pointing the finger at me, most on here are.however,  My opinion is formed out of trying to be the best person I can be and being mindful of others . Do you think the pro banana brigades opinion comes with the same level of thoughtfulness or is it more self centred and about the wokey’s ruining their fun, the “it was fine in the 80’s, why should I change who I am” vibe 

No bananas 

Edited by DoesJackHunt

Guest DoesJackHunt
44 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Oh but I do, yes I have and yes I will. 

The only lie I told was that its yellow. It’s red and blue really.

You'll never be a detective 

Ha not like a banana at all then. Bring your paddle board 

44 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

If your moral compass says taking a blow up banana to a football game is fine then I don’t think it’s a well set moral compass. 

I’m not getting a thrill out of having to take on person after person trying to put me down, it’s hard work and I’ve been doing it a long time now.

If I didn’t feel that this was a very important point I would have given up 20 pages ago

All I’ve said is take something else inflatable because it’s the right thing to.

you might not agree with that but why not? 
Do you think it’s ok to black up for fancy dress, no, I suspect you don’t.

this is the same, it’s no different, people might see it as a bit of harmless fun but because of the historical racial abuse attached to monkey chants and banana throwing there would be more sensible and inclusive inflatables to take.

that’s all I’m saying but the amount of people against me saying that is incredible. 

I think it’s because I’m obviously a woke lefty that’s why people keep having ago.

All I’m saying is don’t take blow up bananas, take something less controversial , does that warrant 20 pages of discussion or the character assassinations ?( thanks for that by the way).

You’re pointing the finger at me, most on here are.however,  My opinion is formed out of trying to be the best person I can be and being mindful of others . Do you think the pro banana brigades opinion comes with the same level of thoughtfulness or is it more self centred and about the wokey’s ruining their fun, the “it was fine in the 80’s, why should I change who I am” vibe 

No bananas 

All Bananas aren't we?

Why aren’t the sale of inflatable bananas outlawed if they’re so racist ?

OR 

is it the person buying/holding the banana that’s racist ? 

SO

is everyone that purchases/ holds/bats an inflatable banana a racist ?