This Banana thing

29 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I don't think we should discriminate against any one group of inflatables. No need to provide fuel for the f(ire) of the wokisty herd. They scour the internet for shiz like this. I'm a traditionalist and will be taking a blue and white beach ball. I would have brought Lola along but sadly she deflates far too quickly these days. 

Is that the self emptying model?

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So everyone understands what this thread is about:

Some fans have organised / promoted the idea of hundreds of huge inflatable bananas for this big match on Saturday

Am guessing the OP is talking about the prospect of it being seen in a different context on TV with loads of bananas being thrown on the pitch close to a black player or manager

Why would he assume that are we aiming it at black people and monkey chatting or we just throwing inflatable bananas around 

I can’t understand why people look into something and try and make it something it’s not 

is it too late to change the idea of inflatable bananas to inflatable dogs or could that potentially offend the cat that wondered on the pitch last month?

out of interest why is it bananas only, traditionally don’t we just do inflatables full stop 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 8

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Why would he assume that are we aiming it at black people and monkey chatting or we just throwing inflatable bananas around 

I can’t understand why people look into something and try and make it something it’s not 

is it too late to change the idea of inflatable bananas to inflatable dogs or could that potentially offend the cat that wondered on the pitch last month?

out of interest why is it bananas only, traditionally don’t we just do inflatables full stop 🤷🏻‍♂️

“Is that a dog you’re drawing”.

• Haha 2

What is the world coming to? 

why do people have to associate fun, with been racist / sexist etc etc 

they are inflatables ffs promoting a carnival atmosphere a fun day an important day

Only strange strange people would try and make something out of nothing 

Just enjoy the day out 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Exactly this - well said 

some people absolutely baffle me

• Like 3

Just now, Markowski77 said:

What is the world coming to? 

why do people have to associate fun, with been racist / sexist etc etc 

they are inflatables ffs promoting a carnival atmosphere a fun day an important day

Only strange strange people would try and make something out of nothing 

Just enjoy the day out 

So are we taking Bananas or not?

😂

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Its someone getting offended for people who arent offended.

Everyone seems to get offended by something.

I think we should have inflatables crocodiles like we had at Wembley.

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt

Stupid idea. All for inflatables but not Banana’s

it’s the same as people blacking up at fancy dress thinking that’s acceptable. 
Anyone taking an inflatable Banana is a pr!ck ! 
Take an inflatable rainbow unicorn not a Banana ! 
Get with the times your ******** dinosaurs.

I’m really angry about this!