Leppings Lane Lower now open to home fans

13 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

The Lep.terraces held over 10,000 back in the 80s

that might be right or did that include the triangle?  no idea how 10000 cud get a leak in those days . madness or what .  why at a minimum cant we sell 2000 what sunderland had?  lets hope everyone behaves and its a good day. 

22 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Just sold out now. Last 2 tickets vanished before my eyes!! Only wanted 1?

Sounds like that advert on the TV with the Guy trying to get tickets online for the Robot Tech exhibition that are Sold out... While his missus takes the p*** behind his back..... 

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Sounds like that advert on the TV with the Guy trying to get tickets online for the Robot Tech exhibition that are Sold out... While his missus takes the p*** behind his back..... 

she was. But I just got one, when I least expected it!

Guest Jack the Hat
9 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

I've got a spare for the north if your still after one pal

I’ve just got one thanks otherwise I would have snatched your hand off. I appreciate the offer.

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Still showing 4 tickets left.

It’s like the Hokey Cokey they are in then they are out. I missed out on the last 2 the I got the last one now there are 4 more! Maybe its the ones which get released from someone’s baskets

45 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

Quite brilliant. Your talents are obvioulsy wasted. im sure they would go down a bomb down S2. You havent a  clue who and why those who are going on the Lepp End, just speculation. I bet your a closet fan and come on here to give it the big I am but never really venture down to Hillsborough. 

I’m a proper fan, maybe one of the best & most loyal fans in the history of SWFC.

We have a nice, quite select little clique going around us who go to all the matches. If someone appears who looks like they’ve not been before ( you know the type, stare at their ticket trying to make some sense of it before going the wrong way & then reversing as they realise the seat numbers go up not down in the direction they went). 

Anyway, I digress. If any turn up looking like part timers or even God forbid, newbies, we tend to not have a great deal to do with them. Sort of pretend we haven’t heard them if they try & strike up a conversation, you know, that slow timing sort of thing.

We talk rather loudly letting any newbies share the benefit of our greater knowledge of the game borne out of being regular attendees.

HOWEVER, on this occasion, because of the gravity & importance of the game we have decided to show some magnanimity and forbearance to any interlopers who have happened to blag some of the empty seats around us and agreed to acknowledge them in a polite & dignified manner. We may even point out the names, strengths and weaknesses of various personnel on the pitch as no doubt the newbies will be totally confused.

We’ll also make allowances for the fact they will probably struggle with the chants & songs. Normally when they try & join in & get the words wrong we’ll pull a pained expression & tut. On Saturday though, we’ll smile politely and even invite them to hum along if they don’t know the words.

One doesn’t want to act like a martyr, but if more people took this magnanimous approach to newbies & part timers (even though they CAN  be a bloody nuisance) it would be a much more tolerant and enjoyable experience. As long as they don’t rock up too frequently though, that would be a right pain.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mr Mercury said:

Gonna get a reyt rendition of "Where were you when we were5hit... where were you when we were ****" started" toward all the part timers on Lep 

I actually wasn’t going to go, due to not enjoying going alone, however never sat on Lepp before so fancied the seat to witness a full Hillsborough. I expect the view to be poor!

who cares if we have 1k there that haven’t been all season. Varying reasons people don’t go. Money, time, or me, being without someone to go with regularly.

some of us part timers were part timers when we were poo! We’re all fans, some of us are “uber” fans without even going. Being able to spend £550 a season doesn’t make you an uber fan.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I’m a proper fan, maybe one of the best & most loyal fans in the history of SWFC.

We have a nice, quite select little clique going around us who go to all the matches. If someone appears who looks like they’ve not been before ( you know the type, stare at their ticket trying to make some sense of it before going the wrong way & then reversing as they realise the seat numbers go up not down in the direction they went). 

Anyway, I digress. If any turn up looking like part timers or even God forbid, newbies, we tend to not have a great deal to do with them. Sort of pretend we haven’t heard them if they try & strike up a conversation, you know, that slow timing sort of thing.

We talk rather loudly letting any newbies share the benefit of our greater knowledge of the game borne out of being regular attendees.

HOWEVER, on this occasion, because of the gravity & importance of the game we have decided to show some magnanimity and forbearance to any interlopers who have happened to blag some of the empty seats around us and agreed to acknowledge them in a polite & dignified manner. We may even point out the names, strengths and weaknesses of various personnel on the pitch as no doubt the newbies will be totally confused.

We’ll also make allowances for the fact they will probably struggle with the chants & songs. Normally when they try & join in & get the words wrong we’ll pull a pained expression & tut. On Saturday though, we’ll smile politely and even invite them to hum along if they don’t know the words.

One doesn’t want to act like a martyr, but if more people took this magnanimous approach to newbies & part timers (even though they CAN  be a bloody nuisance) it would be a much more tolerant and enjoyable experience. As long as they don’t rock up too frequently though, that would be a right pain.

lol

That's a first class effort I have to say 🤣

I nearly coughed my womb up laughing!

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, morganowl said:

that might be right or did that include the triangle?  no idea how 10000 cud get a leak in those days . madness or what .  why at a minimum cant we sell 2000 what sunderland had?  lets hope everyone behaves and its a good day. 

Probably something to do with away fans being in the upper tier is my guess 

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, Mr Mercury said:

Gonna get a reyt rendition of "Where were you when we were5hit... where were you when we were ****" started" toward all the part timers on Lep 

This must be your first game in ages because we still are 5h1t.

21 minutes ago, morganowl said:

It's definitely correct but does include the NW corner.

At the time the ground held 50,174 

And certainly in the way 80s more seats than any other english club ground.

12 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

I actually wasn’t going to go, due to not enjoying going alone, however never sat on Lepp before so fancied the seat to witness a full Hillsborough. I expect the view to be poor!

who cares if we have 1k there that haven’t been all season. Varying reasons people don’t go. Money, time, or me, being without someone to go with regularly.

some of us part timers were part timers when we were poo! We’re all fans, some of us are “uber” fans without even going. Being able to spend £550 a season doesn’t make you an uber fan.

Hope you Enjoy it - might relight the fire for you for next season - should hopefully be a cracking day !!

• Like 1