Players for next season.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Be looking at signing Storey permanently if possible.

Dean and Gibson maybe if they can stay fit. Think Gibson is out of contract? So could be worth a punt.

First year Dean has struggled with any sort of Injury has to be worth a punt

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We’ve no chance of signing Twine. If he leaves MK he’ll be going for a few million

I’d love to have Twine here. No doubt he’ll go for a few million now and a lot of millions later! 

Can’t believe MKD got him for nowt…

• Like 2

I'd build some bridges and look at Hirst on loan for a start. His development this season has been good. He has pace, physicality and has a goal in him.

If we are in the Championship, ask for BOGOF with Vardy on loan too lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Harlee Dean.

Why when everybody calls players like Hutchinson a crock do we shout for Harley dean to be signed based on what we’ve seen this season he’s been out more than he’s been available 

btw I think he’s a good player and I’d sign him

my point is a lot that cream their pants over him was crying when we resigned hutch 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah we were told the same with the likes of Abdi, Boyd, Windass etc.

I’d avoid going down that route.

Happens alot when players dont play for a while and then come back in to first team football. Played over 40 games last 7 seasons be ok for me 

38 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Storey is a must if we can get him, Iorfa is like Dunkley a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't think Storey is a must at all. We have right sided centre backs already. He's been less convincing the last 4 games and he made a huge mistake yesterday. He's had a good loan period overall so I would be ok with him signing, but we have bigger priorities, we will need 2-3 strikers and a left sided CH and a goalie as a minimum. After the Rotherham away game most Wednesday fans were suggesting we might not concede all season, Iorfa was part of that and then we started the tinkering with the back line etc. He was linked with Prem clubs because he's a very good defender on his day, he needs to be injury free and have a good run and if he got that I'd put him ahead of Storey every time. I know Iorfa makes the odd mistake but fans in the past have suggested he plays in midfield or up front so he can't be all that bad. We are in danger of judging him on a few games where he's not been at the top of his game and still coming back from a bad injury. Wednesday fans were on the whole delighted when his contract was extended.

• Like 2

If we can’t get Peacock-Farrell permanently then Michael Cooper would be a good choice for our number 1 next season. Think there’ll be plenty of competition for him though if Plymouth don’t go up

• Like 1

George Hirst....and I,m not kidding.

Really liked the look of Harrogate`s attacking midfielder Alex Pattison when he played at Hillsborough but TBF that`s the only time I`ve seen him play.

Lewis Gibson would make sense ,  Ross Sykes at Accrington  and Harry Darling at MKD are also good young centre backs

All the following out of contract at seasons end ;

Kane Wilson , right wing back with Forest Green.....3 goals and 13 assists this season.

Nathan Byrne at Derby another RWB I`ve always liked.

Alex Smithies , very decent champ keeper.

No shortage of experienced centre backs available...Sean Morrison, Michael Hector , Patrick Bauer , Alfie Mawson

Josh Bowler at Blackpool also has had a fine season though not sure where he would fit in as he is a winger.

whatever happens there will be a much different squad next season . i think if we dont go up through the playoffs this year it becomes much harder next season.  portsmouth ipswich and bolton  charlton have got there act together look at what a table would look like if it started at xmas then you have oxford and 3 of the playoff teams say sunderland wycombe plymouth  . add derby to that peterborough its going to be proper tough , recruitment will have to be better ,  league 1 is getting stupid 4 years or so it was so lightweight now it has appx 9 ex premier league clubs and i only see this getting more over the seasons , little clubs get taken over by billionaires or mega rich people they end up taking these clubs to the premier league when these clubs should be league 1 based on fan base.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

George Hirst based on one decent half season!!! Are we that desperate? He might be garbage next season, he might not be, but it's a bloody risk. Any how, can anyone seriously see DC going back there and having to pay him a good chunk of money? No way.

Gibson is a shout, but seriously IF Everton do go down he'd be the kind of player they might need. Ditto BPF if they go down too. Some if not all of these Premier League players on big money will want to jump ship. The vultures will circle.

There's a kid at Exeter who's had a cracking season in the net.lol

• Like 1