Paterson & Palmer

As DM said, Pato made a diagonal run, pulling defenders away, to make space for Gregory. He did this all through the game. He is one of the most selfless players in the team. His energy, constant chasing and harassing grinds players down, he puts his body on the line for the team, is always fit (I think?) and has been perfectly suited to our league one campaign. He gives DM so many options, not just in selecting a starting 11, but in changing things in the game due to tactics or injury. 

There aren't many teams in L1 that wouldn't want Palmer and Pato in their squad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sabostar said:

As DM said, Pato made a diagonal run, pulling defenders away, to make space for Gregory. He did this all through the game. He is one of the most selfless players in the team. His energy, constant chasing and harassing grinds players down, he puts his body on the line for the team, is always fit (I think?) and has been perfectly suited to our league one campaign. He gives DM so many options, not just in selecting a starting 11, but in changing things in the game due to tactics or injury. 

There aren't many teams in L1 that wouldn't want Palmer and Pato in their squad.

I think you'll find the popular opinion on here is that if it's not on the highlights, it didn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Alb1owl said:

Respectfully, that is absolute nonsense. 

Palmer has been good this season and almost never lets Weds down. Take off your blinkers and just enjoy the game. 

Opinions mate...don't get too upset, we're all entitled to one. I'm not getting to upset at the fact you rate him....opinions!! I've never hidden my opinion...I don't rate Palmer and I wouldn't bat an eye lid if he never played for us again. Poor positional sense, not a good defender and pretty poor distribution make for a very ordinary defender in my opinion. 

As people keep pointing out (well mainly the OT admin team)...it is a forum to discuss everything Sheffield Wednesday and a forum to express your opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, markg said:

He's clearly a good enough player. Countless managers pick him and offer him new deals.

It wasn't pretty at times but every player contributed to an important win.

I honestly feel he was offered a new deal last time because of our financial position and restraints.

3 huge points and I am more than happy with that. I am not one of these that demand full on entertaining football every match...some games you have to grind it out and last night was one of those. 

43 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

grow up...there are always positives and negatives from each game despite the results. These are called talking points!!

That’s just what I’m doing mate discussing taking points you on the other hand just constantly look for negatives, perhaps it’s you that needs to grow up? 

3 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

That’s just what I’m doing mate discussing taking points you on the other hand just constantly look for negatives, perhaps it’s you that needs to grow up? 

Just my opinion mate...negative or positive its the truth!! You seem to have homed in on my negative comment rather than the positive aspect of my post. Your choice pal, accept it or don't.

your dummy is in the lost and found at main reception pal.

12 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Just my opinion mate...negative or positive its the truth!! You seem to have homed in on my negative comment rather than the positive aspect of my post. Your choice pal, accept it or don't.

your dummy is in the lost and found at main reception pal.

Great thanks is that the reception at the school you attend?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Lol 

Even if they were what does that tell us though mate?

That they're good enough for the league above if they get their confidence back?

For the record I'd not be playing Patterson right now if I was picking the team either, but the poster was correct that he was one of our better players last season.