Paterson & Palmer

1 minute ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Unfair on Palmer, he's not a left sided centre back so i think under the circumstances he does okay. Was hard enough controlling the ball playing on your favoured side last night, never mind on your weak side, he's been Mr Consistent in the back 3 all season when Hutch, Iorfa, Dunkley, Dean and Gibson all picked up injuries, he's stepped in at right centre back and left centre back so it's unfair on LP. With CP he just seems to want to fight every centre defender and gets embroiled in little tussles that have a negative effect on us. He gives away free kicks too often when we're attacking and kills attacks, he's scored a few important goals but the long and short is he's a player with no set position and fills in because no one else is claiming the second strikers position. 

Yep you’re right about Paterson, a great squad/ utility player that every team needs.

If he played against us our fans would hate him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Must have watched a different game to me because I thought Palmer had a decent game. 

He was best of our back 3. 

This. Played well in difficult conditions, why single Palmer out and ignore fact that storey had a shocker.  

Hopefully Dean is back but we do need him or Dunkley in that middle of the back 3.  Otherwise we are a soft touch in the air.

4 minutes ago, OwlerIT2 said:

Palmer has had a great season, we are lucky to have him being that he can cover all across the back 5.

Patto on the other hand - hoping his contract is up this summer. 

We'd not have won last night if Paterson hadn't been playing

He created the third goal and contributed to an away win as part of the team

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't get a thread slagging off Palmer and Paterson the day after both were involved in the two goals that saved our season.  

Great unselfish run by Paterson to open things up for Gregory for the winner.

• Like 4

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Don't get a thread slagging off Palmer and Paterson the day after both were involved in the two goals that saved our season.  

Great unselfish run by Paterson to open things up for Gregory for the winner.

Yeah exactly
Thing is though it's usually just people who have already made their minds up on them before the game has even kicked off

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True his 2 min burst as a decoy for the 3rd was okay but judging over the season he is simply not good enough. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He did and he did ok 2nd half at times but he shouldn't have been on the pitch.

When it kicked off 2nd half in their box he deliberately stamped down on their centre halfs ankle. He actually looked for his leg and kicked him. He did it behind the referee so the referee might not see it but if the lino had he would have been off. That was at 2 : 1. 

It was stupid and might have done us for the game and promotion.

Their fans around where i was stood were rightly going mental. He is a liability when he loses it.

Can’t win really tbh.

Palmer plays and he’s not dominant enough aerially or physically.

Dunkley plays and he’s too slow and a bomb scare with the ball at his feet.

Patto plays and he’s not enough of a goal threat.

Saido plays and he’s drifting in and out of games and struggles against physical defences. 

Moore plays Palmer or Saido and he’s not put out the right team to deal with the physical opposition.

Moore plays Dunkley or Patto and he’s picking the team based on the opposition rather than our own strengths.

They’re league one footballers, all with their various strengths and limitations. Their limitations mean they’re at Sheffield Wednesday and I’m really not sure what else we should be expecting? All of the above have made solid contributions this season, as have the majority of the players who have played this season. So I don’t get the need to slag them off.

For what it’s worth. I can’t really see much that Patto did wrong last night. We certainly didn’t find ourselves 2-1 down because of him and we had enough chances fall to various players to be 2-3 up before Fleetwood got their goals. His movement was spot on for Greggers 3rd too. I’m not saying it was a great performance from him. But like. It was fine and I don’t think things would have been much better if we started Saido. 

Palmer actually played well last night I thought. If all our defenders are fit he doesn’t start. But all our defenders arent fit and that’s been an issue all season and Palmer’s stepped in and done well for the most part.

• Like 2

It was a complete battle of game which apart from Bannan and Gregory, no one truly stood out as playing well for me. This stage of the season it's about results and when our backs was against the wall, the whole team pushed on for a come from behind victory. 

4 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Storey was at fault for the first goal and Hutch was lucky to not get sent off. Should they also only be used as back up? Parmer was fine last night and had a big hand in one of our goals

Storey was very much at fault but one thing in Storey's defence has been an amazing signing and contributed a hell of a lot towards our current situation.

Not sure about the Hutch comment. I don't recall thinking Hutch was lucky??

4 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

To be honest I thought our defending at times was pretty poor. We looked disorganised and when you consider we where playing a side who have struggled to score goals...it is a little concerning going into the next few games (assuming we make the playoffs).Providing players are fit he should be picking a back three with consistency at this stage of the season. It is proven that it helps.

Palmer is poor and shouldn't be used for anything other than back up. He's no different to the early version of Morgan Fox who got absolute pelters for 80% of his time here...Palmer gets so much love due to the fact he came through the academy sadly that doesn't make him good enough.

I just hope going into these games that Dean, Hutch & Storey are all fit and ready for action.

Respectfully, that is absolute nonsense. 

Palmer has been good this season and almost never lets Weds down. Take off your blinkers and just enjoy the game. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

it really is true.

Again last night he looked uncomfortable and offered very little towards the result.

You like him as a player, I don't I think he is poor.

He's clearly a good enough player. Countless managers pick him and offer him new deals.

It wasn't pretty at times but every player contributed to an important win.