Paterson & Palmer

33 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I actually thought they both did fine

I agree.

Palmer carried the ball and linked up with Johnson fairly well. Some of his long balls were a little off, but otherwise I can't fault him. 

I Already mentioned in another thread but Paterson did what he does best. He worked hard, won corners, almost had a goal and did great work in making space for Gregory for the third goal. 

Edited by Fablon Dunlop
  • Like 1

To be honest I thought our defending at times was pretty poor. We looked disorganised and when you consider we where playing a side who have struggled to score goals...it is a little concerning going into the next few games (assuming we make the playoffs).Providing players are fit he should be picking a back three with consistency at this stage of the season. It is proven that it helps.

Palmer is poor and shouldn't be used for anything other than back up. He's no different to the early version of Morgan Fox who got absolute pelters for 80% of his time here...Palmer gets so much love due to the fact he came through the academy sadly that doesn't make him good enough.

I just hope going into these games that Dean, Hutch & Storey are all fit and ready for action.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Well we won an important game and still some can’t help having a moan, bit sad really 

Some of us are so fickle........

Paterson is a good all rounder and has been an important player for us this season. But one below-par performance and he should never be trusted with the shirt again.

We're in L1 folks. We're not in a position to field a team of Champions League quality players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

To be honest I thought our defending at times was pretty poor. We looked disorganised and when you consider we where playing a side who have struggled to score goals...it is a little concerning going into the next few games (assuming we make the playoffs).Providing players are fit he should be picking a back three with consistency at this stage of the season. It is proven that it helps.

Palmer is poor and shouldn't be used for anything other than back up. He's no different to the early version of Morgan Fox who got absolute pelters for 80% of his time here...Palmer gets so much love due to the fact he came through the academy sadly that doesn't make him good enough.

I just hope going into these games that Dean, Hutch & Storey are all fit and ready for action.

Storey was at fault for the first goal and Hutch was lucky to not get sent off. Should they also only be used as back up? Parmer was fine last night and had a big hand in one of our goals

• Like 2

I'm not a big fan of either but every Wednesday player makes mistakes and sometimes you have to look at effectiveness and consistency. Iorfa got pelters recently for his first half showing when he was taken off, I thought Storeys performance last night in the 1st half was worse than Iorfas. Palmer got caught out on the ball a couple of times and their mobile forward gave him some difficult moments but he did ok overall. Paterson also did ok. I tend to think our first 11 wouldn't include either, but they work hard (not always effective) and both are rarely injured.

Out of interest did anyone spot Fleetwood's free kick system. In the 2nd half if they had a free kick in our half their player would grab hold of Palmer then wrestle him behind the line so that every Fleetwood player was onside and had 3 yards to run into. As the ball goes into the box, Palmer is left on the floor with their player. Another "dark art". Just can't believe all these "tactics" go on 

Let's be 100% totally completely honest here

Let's just talk facts

Some fans just write down the names Paterson and Palmer before the match has even kicked off, so they can remember to try and slate them after the game no matter how they played, whether they contributed to the result, or even if they scored

Let's be honest now

It's time we were honest

That's it isn't it

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's be 100% totally completely honest here

Let's just talk facts

Some fans just write down the names Paterson and Palmer before the match has even kicked off, so they can remember to try and slate them after the game no matter how they played, whether they contributed to the result, or even if they scored

Let's be honest now

It's time we were honest

That's it isn't it

I think it’s more to do with reading a post that slate’s a particular player then just copying and joining in with the pile on.

Monkey see monkey do innit 

Just now, Five Archers said:

I think it’s more to do with reading a post that slate’s a particular player then just copying and joining in with the pile on.

Monkey see monkey do innit 

Definitely some of that

We saw it with the 'We'll be better with Bannan gone' crew of bandwagon jumpers

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Unfair on Palmer, he's not a left sided centre back so i think under the circumstances he does okay. Was hard enough controlling the ball playing on your favoured side last night, never mind on your weak side, he's been Mr Consistent in the back 3 all season when Hutch, Iorfa, Dunkley, Dean and Gibson all picked up injuries, he's stepped in at right centre back and left centre back so it's unfair on LP. With CP he just seems to want to fight every centre defender and gets embroiled in little tussles that have a negative effect on us. He gives away free kicks too often when we're attacking and kills attacks, he's scored a few important goals but the long and short is he's a player with no set position and fills in because no one else is claiming the second strikers position. 

• Like 1

Palmer has been great this season in my view. Wouldn’t be my first choice centre back, but bringing the ball out from the back in this system - he does well. 

I wouldn’t start Paterson personally with the other options we have up top, but has got some goals this season and really useful player to have in the squad.

• Like 2