Paterson & Palmer

Don't think Paterson is good enough personally but harsh on Palmer imo. Been very good and reliable for us this season and even tonight did well for the second goal and they didn't do barely anything apart from their goals which came from other mistakes. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

PLLLEEEEASE  never ever play them in such a crucial game again. I appreciate there were others "off it" tonight but these 2 have had more than enough chances this season.

Said this last season our downfall is when we played the three P’s - Paterson Palmer and Pelupessey. Wanted all 3 gone. Unfortunately two of them are starting far too many games still. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Said this last season our downfall is when we played the three P’s - Paterson Palmer and Pelupessey. Wanted all 3 gone. Unfortunately two of them are starting far too many games still. 

Palmer and Paterson were two of our best players last season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I like Palmer but not as a CB.

He does ok in possession but he lacks aerial ability. 

He lost Garner in the 2nd half for a header from a free kick at 2-1 and he probably should of done better with it. 

Paterson just never looks natural up top. Doesn’t know how to use his size and play with his back to goal. 

• Like 1

Palmers problem is he loses his men from set pieces way too often . He’s also not dominant or aggressive the air. 
Generally he’s done pretty well and been a valuable member but there are certainly some causes for concern with palmer in defence . 

paterson for all his hard work and desire he’s just not good enough , on his best days he’s a 7/10, I can’t remember the last time he had a real good game . Like I say cannot fault his efforts but his quality 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Palmer is fine as the wide centre back. Some people are saying we should have played Dunkley, but Dunkley (or Hutch/Storey playing LCB) don't make that run into the penalty box for the equaliser.

Personally I would have taken Palmer off and put Johnson in the back 3 - not based on Palmer’s performance but just his limitations going forward v Johnson (and we didn’t need 3 CBs last night)

That said he had one moment where he was actually great going forward and got in behind to supply Luongo…and it led to the goal 

Thankfully I’m not the manager

• Like 1

Palmer has been one of our most consistent players this season, he's no maldini but hIs positioning is usually very good, he can be strong in the tackle and he doesn't get bullied by attackers. When we play him with a settled back 3 or 4, he's rarely the weakest link. He does what's required, with the odd mistake or lapse in concentration.

Patterson for the all the 'top bloke' chatter, is a player I despair watching. Slow, cumbersome, poor distribution, always looking for a foul and gives away too many needless fouls too. He slows us down and we look out of shape when he plays. The odd moment of shithousery is not enough, the football we play with him the side is dire.

Edited by 0742
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Palmer has been one of our most consistent players this season, he's no maldini but hIs positioning is usually very good, he can be strong in the tackle and he doesn't get bullied by attackers. When we play him with a settled back 3 or 4, he's rarely the weakest link. He does what's required, with the odd mistake or lapse in concentration.

Patterson for the all the 'top bloke' chatter, is a player I despair watching. Slow, cumbersome, poor distribution, always looking for a foul and gives away too many needless fouls too. He slows us down and we look out of shape when he plays. The odd moment of shithousery is not enough, the football we play with him the side is dire.

Yeah the novelty is starting to wear off with Patterson. I think he has value as a squad player but for the life of me I don’t understand why he was asked to start last night. 

• Like 1

Other than Gregory and NML when he came on, noone really stood out...  Palmer was steady as were most of the back line...  i do think the pitch played a big part in the game as a whole been a bit scrappy, it certainly made some of the passing and first touches look poor and must make the players apprehensive when receiving the ball.