Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs Fleetwood (A)

Man of the Match?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match?

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Storey
    • Hutchinson
    • Palmer
    • Hunt
    • Johnson
    • Luongo
    • Byers
    • Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Gregory
    • Windass
    • Mendez-Laing
    • Dunkley

BPF    -    6

Storey    -    5

Hutchinson    -    6

Palmer    -    5.5

Hunt    -    6

Luongo    -    6.5

Bannan    -    8

Byers    -    6

Johnson   -    5

Paterson    -    5

Gregory    -    9

NML     -     7.5

Windass    -    6

Dunkley    -    6.5

Gregory obvious MoM, but was half tempted to give it to Dunks, nothing was going to get past him, colossal cameo.

BPF 7 steady away

Hunt 7 worked hard

Storey 6 some iffy moments

Hutch 7 solid

Palmer 8 amazing back- heeled tackle

Johnson 6 still off it, bar one good run

Luongo 8 back to near his best

Bannan 9 quality and commitment

Byers 6 not really in it

Gregory 10 really wanted it

Paterson 7 hustled and bustled

NML 7 made a difference

Windass 5 very rusty

Dunkley 8 towering headers

Gregory is a proper centre forward. No namby pamby diving. Just gets on with it. 90% of players in his position for the first goal would have fallen /dived trying for a penalty. He kept on his feet and bullied the defender out of the way. 

Strange after his second goal there was little celebration from him or other players. 1 minute later he was giving the Codswallop fans some stick. 

Gregory and Windass should be an awesome front pair. 

9 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

BPF 6

Hunt 6

Storey 6

Hutch 5

Palmer 4

Johnson 5

Luongo 6

Bannan 8

Byers 6

Gregory 9

Paterson 7

Think that's very harsh on a number of players. Take away their goals (yes stupid i know, 1 was from a mistake and the 2nd was from a great delivery) but we totally bossed the game and they never looked like doing much. We passed it around nicely on an absolutely awful pitch. Remember we're playing a team scrapping for survival, obviously their fans were giving great encouragement whilst they were ahead. But we didn't panic and once we regained the lead, we saw the game out comfortably. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Gregory is a proper centre forward. No namby pamby diving. Just gets on with it. 90% of players in his position for the first goal would have fallen /dived trying for a penalty. He kept on his feet and bullied the defender out of the way. 

Strange after his second goal there was little celebration from him or other players. 1 minute later he was giving the Codswallop fans some stick. 

Gregory and Windass should be an awesome front pair. 

I think lack of celebration was that they only wanted 3 points and wanted to get back on with it 

BPF 6

Hunt 6 assist but bad marking for 2nd
Storey 5 good in air but too slow and poor on ball at rcb, maybe better in middle. Dispossessed and then megged, thats 4 goals he's been poor with including tonights clanger and 3 1v1's vs mk dons, burton and cheltenham
Hutch 7
Palmer 6
Johnson 5 crossing been off a while

Luongo 7 great assist
Bannan 7 nearly another goal of season contender
Byers 5

Gregory 10 so strong for 1st and 2nd and never seen a 3rd like it from k.o, saved the day and possibly season
Paterson 6 unlucky cleared off line to post

Nml 7 good impact
Dunkley 7 might be time to drop storey, hutch right, palmer left or play storey in middle only.

Windass 6 could still play a major part in season

I sat on my sofa cursing every player for not showing enough urgency and for looking like throwing away another lead. 

when we scored the equaliser I was pumped but when we scored the 3rd I lost it, top came off with muted celebrations trying not to wake the baby.  

what a win. 

• Thanks 1

BPF - 6 Not sure he needed to play the ball out as much as he did.

Hunt - 7 Thought he had an excellent first half but faded in the 2nd.

Storey - 6 Really poor touch for their goal and was a little shaky after that.

Hutch - 6.5 Gave away a few needless freekicks in the 2nd half.

Palmer - 7 I thought he did his job and made a great surge forward for the equaliser.

Johnson - 6 Really struggled the last 3 games.

Luongo - 7 Little anonymous in the first half but thought he bossed it in the 2nd. Great assist.

Bannan - 8 He had a little 10 minute spell in the first half where both he and Johnson couldn't retain the ball. Thought he was excellent outside of that though.

Byers - 6 Didn't do anything of note

Paterson - 5 Offers literally nothing.

Gregory - 10 Would in a world of trouble without him. Superb performance.

Windass - 6 Didn't really do much and could have scored at the end

NML - 7.5 Thought he was direct and dangerous. Still needs to work on the end product.

Dunkley - N/A Better than his Crewe cameo.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Peacock-Farrell: 6 - Some good claims in the second half partially made up for his weak effort on the first.

Storey: 5 - Pitch was shocking but should have done better.

Hutchinson: 7 - Read the game well for the most part.

Palmer: 7 - Great run for the equaliser, he seems to get the wide centre back position better than any of our other players.

Hunt: 6 - Not his best game, although gets an assist for that long ball into Gregory's chest.

Johnson: 5.5 - Has looked a little tired or jaded of late.

Luongo: 7 - Usual tenacious display, good work for the equaliser.

Byers: 6 - Seems to play a lot better at Hillsborough than he does away from home.

Bannan: 8 - Almost scored a sublime goal and a couple of sumptuous passes.

Paterson: 6 - Just don't know what to make of him.

Gregory: 10 - For me it was only 2 goals, not 3, but what 2 goals they were, both absolutely out of nothing and caused the third goal by getting into a good position so all the defender could do was head into his own net.

Mendez-Laing: 8 - Great impact sub to bring on against tired legs.

Windass: 6 - Looked a little rusty.

Dunkley: 7 - A couple of booming headers to see it out.

We were by far the better team, but in typical Wednesday fashion they made us work for it. Good to come from behind away from home again though, completely laying that particular curse to rest. Lets hope for a relatively calm Saturday now.

Pato is the grand decoy....

BPF 6

Hunt 6.5

Storey 5.5

Hutch 8

Palmer 7

Johnson 6

Luongo 8. - superb cross for our equaliser

Bannan 8

Byers 6.5

Gregory 10 - enough said and great finishes

Paterson 5 - No threat, too slow, hardly ever gets on the end of crosses.

Windass 6
NML 7

Dunkley 6

• Like 1

Peacock-Farrell -5 Put storey under pressure and should have saved the shot

Storey -6 lost a few ariel battles not his best night missed controls the death pass from BPF, all be it on a bumpy surface

Hutchinson -6.5 lost a few tackles but passed it pretty well

Palmer -7 won his tackles and set up a decent chance, some good intelligent runs

Hunt -6.5 not at his best but improved on his last few games, like hutch lost out in a few duels

Johnson -5 like hunt looks a shadow of a month ago

Luongo -8 much stronger allround game last night an assist for one of the goals as well

Byers -7 struggled to exert any real influence

Bannan -8 busy as always, one clever chip against the post when the chips were down he was geeing up the lads

Paterson -6.5 a nuisance, not a natural striker but always give his best

Gregory -9 did the business, grafted hard and long, tired in the last 10-15 mins, no suprise there

• Like 1

Even without the 3 goals, Gregory generally just had an excellent game. I think he’s my favourite striker we’ve ever had. He’s got everything Hooper had really but with less time on the treatment table (which is ironic cos if Gregory didn’t have that injury this season then he’d be in the 20’s for goals).

Anyway

BPF - 6 - Think Staton and Laws were harsh putting the blame on him for Storey losing possession. Could he have maybe done better for the shot itself? I’m not sure if he was unsighted. But otherwise I’m becoming more and more confident of him commanding his area when balls are being lumped into the box

Hunt - 7 - was a fantastic outlet all game and put some good crosses in.

Storey - 5 - first thing I’ve ever seen him do hugely wrong. What worried me is that it seemed to then affect him for the entire game.

Hutch - 7 - standard

Palmer - 7 - I think he’s getting better and better at going forward and supporting Hunt. Did he pick up a knock? Seemed to play through a pain barrier

Johnson - 5 - Put in one good cross that we should have scored from. Tried and tried to make things happen but he was becoming more of a hinderance than a help cos it just wasn’t his night. 

Bannan - 8 - What a machine. Started to drift into the ‘I’m gonna try and do absolutely everything’ Bannan that can be more of a hinderance. That chip would have been some goal though and Fleetwood were terrified of him.

Luongo - 7 - excellent assist. Got a bit clumsy though in his tackling and gave away some

silly free kicks 

Byers - 6 - quieter than I’m used to seeing him.

Paterson - 6 - I really don’t think he was that bad tbh. Did his job well enough and didn’t particularly do anything of note to annoy me?

Gregory - 10 - Perfect night for him. 

NML - 7 - made a huge difference. Fleetwood didn’t know what to do with the turn of pace he had. Right sub at the right time.

Windass - 6 - weirdly positioned and seemed too deep initially for my liking. Then once Gregory came off he was in the right space and almost scored. 

Dunkley - 7 - Wouldnt normally rate someone coming on that late but he headed away EVERYTHING Fleetwood tried and made those final 10 minutes quite straight forward for us.

• Like 1

Gregory is a hero!

Bannan and Paterson I felt had a good game as well. Disappointed in Storey, Johnson and Byers who I think struggled last night. 

Subs had a great impact, NML causing all sorts of problems, Windass spreading ball round well and Dunkley cleaning up the long balls into the box.

Great win considering the circumstances and can't wait for Saturday!

Guest Willow Owl
5 hours ago, Ash77 said:

BPF 6

Hunt 6 assist but bad marking for 2nd
Storey 5 good in air but too slow and poor on ball at rcb, maybe better in middle. Dispossessed and then megged, thats 4 goals he's been poor with including tonights clanger and 3 1v1's vs mk dons, burton and cheltenham
Hutch 7
Palmer 6
Johnson 5 crossing been off a while

Luongo 7 great assist
Bannan 7 nearly another goal of season contender
Byers 5

Gregory 10 so strong for 1st and 2nd and never seen a 3rd like it from k.o, saved the day and possibly season
Paterson 6 unlucky cleared off line to post

Nml 7 good impact
Dunkley 7 might be time to drop storey, hutch right, palmer left or play storey in middle only.

Windass 6 could still play a major part in season

I think you need to watch the Patterson chance again. It was going miles wide before the deflection took it the other way on to the post.