HE’S OUR STRIKER HE’S OUR NUMBER NINE

9 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

8 hours ago, GermanBird said:

@Tewkesbury  Please join in tonight 💙 UTO

Morning.

Great game, great goals from him.

However, everything I said tactically still stands and was magnified by that game.

I'm sure someone will get bored and go through my post history to check.

Lets start with the three goals.

Ball to Gregory in D. Check.

Byline cross. Check.

Defensive mistake. Check.

Now the game.

Gregory starts faster than anyone else.

We play at 100% for 10-15 minutes.

They mark up and stop the pass.

We drop to walking pace.

We have no answers and tap it around.

Stupid free kick on break leads to goal.

Static feont line, no movement.

No press at all from us.

Then the next thing.

The only thing that can save this formation is the pace and movement of NML and/or Windass.

They come on, the defence gets a bit stretched, we score.

The last goal, as I said, he switches on instantly, while everyone else is still shocked and gets another.

Believe it or not, I really like Gregory. I've said before. From the kickoff, there's nobody better in the league for 5-10 minutes. But he doesn't have the stamina or workrate to lead the line for 90 minutes. He's not a man that you build a side around. If we had kept him as a sub and used him fresh v tired defences for the last 20-30 minutes all season, he'd probably have scored 20. And we'd have walked the league.

I'm happy that we won, happy for Lee, my issue isn't with him, it's with DM and building a side around him.

But make no mistake, yesterday was another example of how to beat us and a better team would have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

But he doesn't have the stamina or workrate to lead the line for 90 minutes. He's not a man that you build a side around. 

Doesn't have the stamina or work rate to lead the line for 90 minutes. He's one of the hardest working strikers in this division.

He has poor stamina? I've done a quick count, and 6 of his 15 goals have come after 60 minutes played... and that's just counting the games he's starting in. Read that again. More than a third of his total goals have come in the final third of games that he's started. After more than an hour of playing football.

Can you explain to the class how someone with such poor stamina scores more goals in the final third of a game than the first two thirds? Looking forward to hearing this one.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Morning.

Great game, great goals from him.

However, everything I said tactically still stands and was magnified by that game.

I'm sure someone will get bored and go through my post history to check.

Lets start with the three goals.

Ball to Gregory in D. Check.

Byline cross. Check.

Defensive mistake. Check.

Now the game.

Gregory starts faster than anyone else.

We play at 100% for 10-15 minutes.

They mark up and stop the pass.

We drop to walking pace.

We have no answers and tap it around.

Stupid free kick on break leads to goal.

Static feont line, no movement.

No press at all from us.

Then the next thing.

The only thing that can save this formation is the pace and movement of NML and/or Windass.

They come on, the defence gets a bit stretched, we score.

The last goal, as I said, he switches on instantly, while everyone else is still shocked and gets another.

Believe it or not, I really like Gregory. I've said before. From the kickoff, there's nobody better in the league for 5-10 minutes. But he doesn't have the stamina or workrate to lead the line for 90 minutes. He's not a man that you build a side around. If we had kept him as a sub and used him fresh v tired defences for the last 20-30 minutes all season, he'd probably have scored 20. And we'd have walked the league.

I'm happy that we won, happy for Lee, my issue isn't with him, it's with DM and building a side around him.

But make no mistake, yesterday was another example of how to beat us and a better team would have.

What utter drivel.

• Thanks 1