HE’S OUR STRIKER HE’S OUR NUMBER NINE

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

Mate you believe what you want I'll believe my eyes and my experience of watching and playing football. 

He's an extremely poor footballer and will still be even if he scores the winner in the play off final. 

OK. Here's PPG.

Note, he's the only one anywhere near the top who played a lot in the first half of the season, before we sorted it out somewhat and when results were much worse than later on.

Screenshot_20220426-113528_Brave.jpg

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

OK. Here's PPG.

Note, he's the only one anywhere near the top who played a lot in the first half of the season, before we sorted it out somewhat and when results were much worse than later on.

Screenshot_20220426-113528_Brave.jpg

Let it go. 

I'm out it's really not that important to me. 

• Like 2

Although it was a shocking team performance in general ,the Cup defeat at Mansfield by Kamberi was one of the worst I have seen from a Wednesday player in 60 years of watching them .

I hope we never see him a Wednesday shirt again he has a shocking attitude ,

he can go and take his woollen mittens with him 

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Although it was a shocking team performance in general ,the Cup defeat at Mansfield by Kamberi was one of the worst I have seen from a Wednesday player in 60 years of watching them .

I hope we never see him a Wednesday shirt again he has a shocking attitude ,

he can go and take his woollen mittens with him 

The cup defeat v Mansfield where he scored the winner?

Or the cup defeat by Harrogate that he didn't play in?

I'm confused.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

he doesn't have the stamina or workrate to lead the line for 90 minutes. 

He scored in the 4th minute, then 2 after 70 minutes, that's not a 15 minute burst. 

Also, it was Gregory's quick thinking, quick pressing and determination to win the ball (after 75 minutes give or take), and Paterson's run that gave Gregory the space to run at the defence and score the third. 

So when you say 15 minutes per game, could that be a minute in the first 5, 2 minutes between 20-25 etc etc that all add up to 15 minutes per game? 

34 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

He scored in the 4th minute, then 2 after 70 minutes, that's not a 15 minute burst. 

Also, it was Gregory's quick thinking, quick pressing and determination to win the ball (after 75 minutes give or take), and Paterson's run that gave Gregory the space to run at the defence and score the third. 

So when you say 15 minutes per game, could that be a minute in the first 5, 2 minutes between 20-25 etc etc that all add up to 15 minutes per game? 

I said the 15 minutes after kickoff, (both halves) then little bursts for the rest.

• Like 1

Gregory now has the fifth best minutes per goal ratio in the division, better than Twine or Smith who were both nominated for player of the year.

Factor in his unselfish team play and I think he’s been one of our best free signings in recent years. Would surely be touching 20 league goals if he’d not missed ten games. 

(forgive the dodgy cropping - the columns are goals, assists, games and mpg)

940CF901-D068-4C3A-A3FB-8345C5EC1301.jpeg

Edited by paulrs
  • Like 5

On 27/04/2022 at 18:57, Tewkesbury said:

The cup defeat v Mansfield where he scored the winner?

Or the cup defeat by Harrogate that he didn't play in?

I'm confused.

The mansfield one he was absolutely dreadful regardless of scoring.

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, owl84 said:

The mansfield one he was absolutely dreadful regardless of scoring.

He’s our strike; he’s our number 9!

Scoring goals in the blue and white.

On a free from Stoke City.

and he goes by the name of Gregory

On 27/04/2022 at 10:15, Tewkesbury said:

They don't have to score.

It's a team game. As long as the team score more than the opposition then it's all good. If you don't concede you only need one per game.

Anyway, as I've said before, my ideal would be Kamberi for 60-70 minutes then a fresh Gregory coming on to terrorise a tired defence. 

We'd have walked the league with that.

If you think Kamberi is a better player than Gregory then I’d suggest you pack in watching football and try something else. Because it clearly isn’t working for you. I’m all for opinions but ffs take a break from the whole thing, football in particular, and Karcher the patio or something. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

If you think Kamberi is a better player than Gregory then I’d suggest you pack in watching football and try something else. Because it clearly isn’t working for you. I’m all for opinions but ffs take a break from the whole thing, football in particular, and Karcher the patio or something. 

NO!!  @Tewkesbury seems to be a nice lad, who explains his opinion in a proper way. He give us food for thought and allows us to review our own opinions.

It's important that we have different opinions here on the forum and we NEVER should exclude anybody only because he might be in the minority.

Being in the majority doesn't mean that we are right.