'If We Can't Beat These, We Don't Deserve To Go Up..."

I’m now in so much of a frenzy looking forward to a final day shootout that I’m going to be disappointed when we absolutely destroy Fleetwood tonight. Everyone knows the more confident we are the worse we do and tonight the opposite will undoubtedly be the case. 

11 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m now in so much of a frenzy looking forward to a final day shootout that I’m going to be disappointed when we absolutely destroy Fleetwood tonight. Everyone knows the more confident we are the worse we do and tonight the opposite will undoubtedly be the case. 

Oh, I'm looking forward to a final day shootout.

I just want to be two points ahead of the other teams before anyone fires a shot.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

Thank you for that. Made my f*****g day🥴

2 hours ago, Sova said:

Fleetwood were behind in all of the draws mentioned above. In fact, in the two 3-3s and the 2-2, they were 2 goals down in all of them at one point. Against Sunderland, they scored in the 81st minute, then in the 7th minute of injury time. Against Plymouth, they scored in the 89th minute, then in the 2nd minute of injury time. So it seems they can certainly battle.

Reading those stats, surely they must be in the playoffs, just had a look, no can't see them. 

• Haha 2

I don't think there is a word in English to describe just how important tonight is. We have to treat this as our play off final. The players somehow how to dig deep after a devastating loss on Saturday and find the courage to play our game. If we play to our strengths, we will win. If we get drawn into a game of long ball slog fest, it will be a very long 90 minutes for us. I've got a feeling the team will perform tonight. They have to. 

3 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Just reading DM’s notes.

he rested jack hunt Saturday because we have a lot of games left. 
excuse me but if we fukk up against Fleetwood we will only have 1 game left .

Its this type of lack of urgency from DM that wee wees me off sometimes.

depends

if we make the play offs he was right

if we dont he'll be sacked anyway

3 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Just reading DM’s notes.

he rested jack hunt Saturday because we have a lot of games left. 
excuse me but if we fukk up against Fleetwood we will only have 1 game left .

Its this type of lack of urgency from DM that wee wees me off sometimes.

What he said was: “Jack Hunt was rested against Wycombe because there’s a lot of games".

I don't interpret that to mean there's a lot of games left, just that Hunt has played a lot of games and perhaps was due a rest in order to mitigate the threat of injury.

Especially when you consider it in the context of his other recent comments: "We have suffered a lot of injuries this season from over misuse and fatigue and tiredness from games."

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1

I just don't see it - 0:0 or a 0:1 loss tonight.

The performances have concerned me since the second half at MK.

Hopefully Sunderland get something tonight so it goes to the wire whereupon MK Dons will beat Plymouth and we may just scrape over the line with a draw.

If Toytown win tonight it could all be over

(And yes, I am fun at parties 😃)

10 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Surely we want Sunderland to lose

If Sunderland lose, MK Dons are guaranteed to finish in 3rd Place so will probably not put up much of a fight against Plymouth??

7 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Well, at least one team is going to be promoted without beating Fleetwood at Highbury Stadium this season, if not two.

Their results at home against the current top six have been:

Wigan                2-3 L

Rotherham        1-0 W

Franchise FC     1-1 D

Sunderland       2-2 D

Plymouth          3-3 D

Wycombe         3-3 D

On paper, we should have enough to get a result tonight, but this has proven to be a tricky fixture for the rest of our promotion rivals, I'm afraid.

If we're going to do this, the chances are we'll have to do it the hard way.

1777811548_OwlStare.gif.e8fe9d672c21e65a7e77347b3ddcabdb.gif

The reason we're in 7th now is because we have not been beating these teams all season

7 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

That makes fairly grim reading, this division is bonkers.

Both teams have everything to play for, it's going to be chuffing horrible to watch, unless we're 4-0 up after ten minutes of course.

We’d still be hanging on at 4-3 with 10 min to go 

• Haha 1

Looking at their record v top six and ours with drawing ourselves to the playoffs it’s got draw written all over it. 
Really hope we turn it on tonight with a comfortable win with no hanging on at the finish. 

• Like 2

Well, now their home record against the top six reads:

Wigan                2-3 L

Rotherham        1-0 W

Franchise FC     1-1 D

Wednesday       2-3 L

Sunderland       2-2 D

Plymouth          3-3 D

Thank f*ck for that, and thank f*ck for Lee Gregory, eh?

It was far from pretty, but the mental strength we showed tonight was massive: to have gone from being in with a shout of top two to being 7th and 2-1 down at halftime in the space of three days could have finished us off, but somehow, someway, we dragged ourselves through that one against a team who were scrapping for their lives.

That's the kind of grit we haven't always seen in recent seasons, so to see it at this crucial stage of proceedings and in that context was huge.

1454566241_UpTheOwls!.gif.346384c0241f6ae753bce8a3c3019e1c.gif

• Like 2