'If We Can't Beat These, We Don't Deserve To Go Up..."

Well, at least one team is going to be promoted without beating Fleetwood at Highbury Stadium this season, if not two.

Their results at home against the current top six have been:

Wigan                2-3 L

Rotherham        1-0 W

Franchise FC     1-1 D

Sunderland       2-2 D

Plymouth          3-3 D

Wycombe         3-3 D

On paper, we should have enough to get a result tonight, but this has proven to be a tricky fixture for the rest of our promotion rivals, I'm afraid.

If we're going to do this, the chances are we'll have to do it the hard way.

1777811548_OwlStare.gif.e8fe9d672c21e65a7e77347b3ddcabdb.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Well, at least one team is going to be promoted without beating Fleetwood at Highbury Stadium this season, if not two.

Rotherham        1-0 W

Franchise FC     1-1 D

Sunderland       2-2 D

Plymouth          3-3 D

Wycombe         3-3 D

On paper, we should have enough to get a result tonight, but this has proven to be a tricky fixture for the rest of our promotion rivals, I'm afraid.

That makes fairly grim reading, this division is bonkers.

Both teams have everything to play for, it's going to be chuffing horrible to watch, unless we're 4-0 up after ten minutes of course.

• Like 2

Interesting stats, but pressure is a great leveller and I do think we've shown we can turn up for the big games, generally. 

It's ok Fleetwood fighting for their league status, but doesn't necessarily make them better players, knowing that if they concede, that's likely a defeat.

Also, Fleetwood have players missing. At some point this season, that's got to count for something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fleetwood were behind in all of the draws mentioned above. In fact, in the two 3-3s and the 2-2, they were 2 goals down in all of them at one point. Against Sunderland, they scored in the 81st minute, then in the 7th minute of injury time. Against Plymouth, they scored in the 89th minute, then in the 2nd minute of injury time. So it seems they can certainly battle.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sova said:

Fleetwood were behind in all of the draws mentioned above. In fact, in the two 3-3s and the 2-2, they were 2 goals down in all of them at one point. Against Sunderland, they scored in the 81st minute, then in the 7th minute of injury time. Against Plymouth, they scored in the 89th minute, then in the 2nd minute of injury time. So it seems they can certainly battle.

Oh Jesus! That's exactly what I didn't want to read, not with our ability to lose our poo completely.

Do you have any more encouraging stats? 😆

Edited by Willie Henderson
  • Haha 1

I’ve said on another thread that I think it will end up being a draw tonight. They are fighting for their lives and we always find it difficult against teams like fleetwood away from home with no disrespect. 

I do think we will finish in the playoffs and I expect us to win on Saturday in front of a full house.

29 minutes ago, striker said:

Interesting stats, but pressure is a great leveller and I do think we've shown we can turn up for the big games, generally. 

It's ok Fleetwood fighting for their league status, but doesn't necessarily make them better players, knowing that if they concede, that's likely a defeat.

Also, Fleetwood have players missing. At some point this season, that's got to count for something?

They wont turn Into man city all of a sudden, they are pants,  I'm confident we will throw it at them tonight, please just score the clear cut chances!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sova said:

1755953733_Shock2.gif.2d97a004e61e85e8d84511f50001fb60.gif

• Haha 7

48 minutes ago, striker said:

I don’t believe that for a second because as I often read on here we are the only club in the efl that gets injuries to players. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sova said:

Thank you for that. Made my f*****g day🥴

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Rotherham        1-0 W

Franchise FC     1-1 D

Sunderland       2-2 D

Plymouth          3-3 D

Wycombe         3-3 D

Given our away record, oh no.

1 hour ago, Sova said:

So you’re saying even 3-0 up with 20 to go would legitimately be a ‘nightmare lead’ for us.

Oh goody.

image.gif.a3675594f8f3f9e4731326033713eef3.gif

• Haha 1