FLEETWOOD -V- WEDNESDAY - OMDT

Great subs tonight. All affected the game positively. Dunkley was exactly what we needed at that point in the game. NML and Windass gave us much more movement and threat going forward.

Well done Darren, just please, please play to the conditions sometimes yeah?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Not quite that simple. If they win by 2 goals it would go to goals scored. They’ve currently scored one fewer than us.

So 1-1 at Hillsborough and 2-0 to Wycombe would be identical records. I think.

Correct. In that case, Wycombe would finish above us on head-to-head. They'd also finish above us on goals scored if we draw 0-0 and they win 2-0.

• Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
12 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I know Gregory is going to walk the MOM vote because of his goals but I thought Jack Hunt had a brilliant game, he’s another one who is too good for this league 

I thought BB was man of the match

2 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Great subs tonight. All affected the game positively. Dunkley was exactly what we needed at that point in the game. NML and Windass gave us much more movement and threat going forward.

Well done Darren, just please, please play to the conditions sometimes yeah?

Glad that you still find something to criticise!!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Wednesday Fan said:

Brian Laws still talking nonsense at the end of the game …..  ‘ the games only stop at the end of the season’ 

He’s a legend of talking b@llocks!!!

UTO

My personal favourite was ' theres been 5 or 6 subs so that'll be at least...........a few minutes added time ' Cheers Brian 😂

• Like 2

What a nightmare that was..😂😂

Rollercoaster of emotions every match 

…..When sky went over to ask about 2-2 and Alan McAnally says ..”Make that 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday “……jumped around like madman….

Then hearts going like a steam train waiting for the full time whistle 😬🫣

WAWAW 😂

• Like 1

What a farcical game of football that was. 

Thought we'd score about 4 in the first 10 to 15 minutes and then it seemed like all our bad habits/failings came to the fore - bad error for the first, crap marking for the second. 

We seemed to completely lose it then. Really struggled to create much of note. Lots of aimless crosses into the box.

And then out of f*cking nowhere, bang, crash, whollop and we are 3-2 up and back in the play offs with our fate very much in our own hands.  

Tbf, I thought we saw the last 15 to 20 minutes out very professionally. Dunkley won absolutely everything. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

My personal favourite was ' theres been 5 or 6 subs so that'll be at least...........a few minutes added time ' Cheers Brian 😂

That gem gave me a proper chuckle. I know it’s not an easy job in some ways and I’m sure I’d be bloomin awful at it but I prefer Pearson who doesn’t even pretend to know what’s going on.

• Like 1

Well that was far from boring at least. 

A couple of early goals on Saturday please to calm the nerves (and by a couple I mean 9) then start again from scratch in the play offs. 

At least it's in our own hands now though. What can go wrong?

I know it was a team struggling down the wrong end, but they've got to build on that comeback tonight. 

Yes, Fleetwood are down there, fighting for their lives, but there was massive pressure on our lads (a large part brought on by themselves) and they managed to turn it around and did so in style. 

Point being that they can turn a game around when the going gets tough if they really want to, even against a team who are direct, time wasting etc. 

If we do get in the play offs, then there is a fair chance we are going to face some adversity. Tonight we showed we can cope with it at an absolutely critical moment of the season...

I didn't think we could do it, but we did. 

• Like 6