Dunkley goal disallowed

From what i saw of the replay of the disallowed goal it was either a goal or a penalty. Add to that one of their players could have been sent off for two yellows.  

• Like 1

It's the consistency of decisions that is flabbergasting. Let's face it the pushing and pulling in the penalty box is ridiculous and usually the opposition will foul the players they see presenting the most danger, in our case Dunkley. Dunkley is no saint but he usually is aggressive in challenging for the ball but not in breach of the laws.

I take the view its incompetence as opposed to any conspiracy, no consolation though.

3 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

The more you see it, the worse the decision gets.  Absolutely outrageous call, the one thing it just isn't is a foul by Dunkley, but sums up the refs we've had to endure this season.

Regardless of peoples' general perception of our performance v. Wycombe today, the "referee" was TOTALLY biased towards the opposition and it has been a tiresomely recurrent theme this season and has definitely cost our beloved team, on more occasions than I care to mention.

I am personally, absolutely sick of the bias shown against SWFC now and in my humble opinion, this inept officialdom could eventually cost us dearly.

In addition, constant injuries to key players has resulted in a detrimental lack of continuity in our team selections, all season.

However, there is still a chance to utilise our game in hand to rally from todays' bitter disappointment and still glean something from this frustrating season.

It will be a white knuckle ride, but the BEST way to achieve promotion IS definitely via the play-offs and a trip to Wembley. Especially if the likes of Josh Windass can return to the fold and help make the dream unfold!

So let's believe!

Come on Wednesday.

UTO..............

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Too many times referees this season see something they don't quite understand but feel they have to give something so they give a free kick to the defending team as its the safest option.

• Like 1

TBF the ref called that right

We all know that if a keeper waves his arms, squeals and stamps his feet then it's de-facto a foul on the keeper

We have to congratulate the ref on seeing something that nobody else in the world could see

Just a shame he missed the foul on Dunkley and the legit goal but hey!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's a proper crap decision that. 

So...in the ref's mind, Dunkley decided he was going to drag down the Wycombe player in order to execute some outrageous scorpion like kick finish? 

It's quite obvious Dunkley has been dragged down and improvised to somehow score. 

Crap reffing, but then are we shocked? Has been the same all season. 

**Oh, so it is a "foul" on the keeper that he saw. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2

Aside from Dunkley being grappled, with two arms, by a defender not even pretending to play the ball - I also spot two other fouls in there, a shirt pull on Storey and another defender tugging Gregory's arm and shirt.

At first it looks like Luongo was blocking Stockdale too, but the more I see it, Stockdale just gets himself in an awful position and then hurls himself to the ground.

The ref seems to be pointing at Dunkley though when he gives the foul - which is ludicrous. There is only one player fouling the other there. By the letter of the law if Dunkley had missed that chance it should have been a penalty and red card for denying a clear goalscoring chance while not attempting to play the ball.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't matter how many times I watch that, or who I focus my attention on, I still can't see a Wycombe free kick in there? 

Storey getting pulled about, I think Gregory is another getting pulled, and despite the defender's best efforts to wrestle Dunkley to the floor, the ball still ended up in the back of the net. 

VAR is shocking in the PL, and I hate that a player can't score and celebrate without waiting for a VAR check on something 5 minutes before in the build up. 

But these are the types of decisions that, if it was a PL game, VAR is good for. 

• Like 3