Wycombe - Wednesday - OMDT

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

So all our sucess in 2nd half of season was the midfiled of Byers Bannan and Luongo so why change it? DM too bothered about the opposition!

And Dunkley? Why hes rubbish!!

Let's hope I'm eating my words at full time!

Literally moaning for the sale of moaning. Have a day off lol

• Like 5

I’m not sure about the assumption that Hunt is injured. Just doesn’t fit into the dynamics of the bench. Realistically Palmer is a better option to have as he covers that entire back three and can come on as a defensive wing back if we’re defending a league. Shodipo on as an attacking wing-back if we’re chasing something and NML is being ineffective.

So Hunt doesn’t really fit the bench compared to the other options. 

• Like 1

Just now, HootHoot said:

Wycombe couldn't handle him last time we played them. Hopefully it's the same today!

Totally under appreciated player for me.

He's no Baresi on the ball but stick him in middle for a battle in air and not many better at this level.

We don't want to get dragged down into Wycombe's direct style but it would be stupid not to set up a more physical lineup to stand up to it.

It's where our deep squad comes into play.

• Like 3

Just now, shep77 said:

"a face like a stuntmans knee" - just brilliant :O)

Great OMDT as ever your lordiness, UTO 3 1 win  - Hunt to score first.

ah f*ck should've checked line up first where the hell is Hunt? ;/

11 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Wouldn't have started Berahino myself, would have had Paterson up top but come on Wednesday!!

Berahino will hopefully want to make amends for chances missed against Crewe.Hattrick today please Saido.UTO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I’m not sure about the assumption that Hunt is injured. Just doesn’t fit into the dynamics of the bench. Realistically Palmer is a better option to have as he covers that entire back three and can come on as a defensive wing back if we’re defending a league. Shodipo on as an attacking wing-back if we’re chasing something and NML is being ineffective.

So Hunt doesn’t really fit the bench compared to the other options. 

Hopefully. He has played a lot recently and maybe due a rest.

Agree re Palmer who can cover all 5 defence positions

1 minute ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Picked a side to match up against their strengths rather than let them worry about our strengths.

Hopefully it works. 

Our main strength is the wing backs and bannan / Gregory in forward positions.  

Wycombe care not a great side but you have to be able to stand up to their approach.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

This. Plus with Iorfa injured, Dunkley needs minutes under his belt should we get to the playoffs. Last thing we need is Dean picking up an injury and throwing a rusty Dunkley in when we need everyone on their 

Let's pray that Dean doesn't get injured!