Mauriss buys Pigs

I expect the due diligence process is only just beginning now that an offer has been accepted. I'll be interesting to see whether he runs once the books have been opened, I was under the impression they were pretty screwed if they didn't go up this year.

Not a bad tactic though, he might be able to play this one out until they find out which league they'll be in next season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dan™ said:

I expect the due diligence process is only just beginning now that an offer has been accepted. I'll be interesting to see whether he runs once the books have been opened, I was under the impression they were pretty screwed if they didn't go up this year.

Not a bad tactic though, he might be able to play this one out until they find out which league they'll be in next season.

They’ve mortgaged the parachute money - or most of it anyway. Who knows how the £110m is stacked, what it includes etc. 

On 21/04/2022 at 23:50, upperwinngardensowl said:

I care. 
they are our direct competition in a two club city. 
The more success one has the less opportunities there are for the other.

Their cheap price policy compared to our exorbitant ones pay dividends in the crowd sizes compared to ours which just can’t seem to get above 22k Wednesdayites. 
Hopefully this guy is one of those US charlatans

The thing is, though, that United modernized many years ago, whereas we didn't.

McCabe was pumping big money into them 20 years ago, whilst we soldiered on skint with an outdated system until 2010.

We wasted a decade, as realistically we'd no hope of promotion back to the PL until Mandy bought us.

Let's face it, had Richards sold out in the 1990s then what's happened to us very likely never would have.

The pricing under Channers was to increase the size of our turnover to enable us to spend more on players and stay within the rules, ironically.

What the Blades did under Tufty was a fairy story, and doing what they did on two bob is almost unheard of.

If it were as easy as that then everybody would be doing it.