Leeds U23's game sells 17000 tickets

If they can stay in the top flight , the development plans for Leeds United are significant with an expansion of elland road to 55k being considered.

They are easily the biggest one club city despite what the Geordies think. The potential has always been huge.

But not massive lol

18 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Why so many going to a reserves game? Is it some sort of cup final/play off final?

Remember us playing man utd at old trafford in a reserves game in something similar not sure what the crowd was though. 

'Only come to see the Wednesday?'

I work in L**ds and they have the potential to become one of the biggest 3 or 4 clubs in the country. 
The city is booming, is half as big again as Sheffield. has Bradfud next to it which is massive but has a perennially struggling team, and within about 20 mins they have Wakey, Castleford, and York all without a league club.  
The ground has loads of development potential round it and it needs it as it has one good stand and 3 sheds. 
They, along with Liverpool, also have a massive media love in with them.

I am old enough to remember when Sheffield was bigger than Leeds and we used to laugh at their crap crowds when they were doing well in the old  first division

Edited by upperwinngardensowl

14 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I work in L**ds and they have the potential to become one of the biggest 3 or 4 clubs in the country. 
The city is booming, is half as big again as Sheffield. has Bradfud next to it which is massive but has a perennially struggling team, and within about 20 mins they have Wakey, Castleford, and York all without a league club.  
The ground has loads of development potential round it and it needs it as it has one good stand and 3 sheds. 

I am old enough to remember when Sheffield was bigger than Leeds and we used to laugh at their crap crowds when they were doing well in the old  first division

Agree, unfortunately. Leeds' catchment area is massive.. one of the biggest in the country aside from the North East teams places like Brighton or Plymouth. You can travel anywhere in North Yorkshire and find Leeds to be the dominant team, but when you look at places like Doncaster, it stretches south of Leeds down to our doorstep as well. We not only share our City, but have too many other towns and teams on our doorstep that are just about big enough to stop them defaulting to either Sheffield team. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I live and work in Leeds and I'd echo this 100%.

As we're in a 2 club city we're never going to have quite the advantage Leeds have, but it's incredibly frustrating experiencing just the different mindset - the club and the city are lightyears ahead.