Darren Moore second only to Big Ron

The job DM is doing is fantastic. I too doubted him around Xmas. But i just another impatient Wednesday fan expecting to much to soon. 

At last a manager has got that feeling back for the fans that we have not felt for far too long. Many lesser managers have failed where DM has succeeded. Nobody can under estimate how difficult and well managed our team has been this season. The others came nowhere close to getting excitement and passion back at the club. Barring a complete and utterly disastrous next 3 games. I think DM has the ability to get something special back around Hillsborough. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

How the Hell do you reach that conclusion?

Well apparently moores the only manager whose had to work under no budget (800k in agent fees says different) 

Actually like laws did when he got us 9th in the championship 

So I'm asking, does anyone actually believe moore would have done the same ? 

Tbh. I think I can remember in the last three home games under big Ron in 91. 

We had 30k attendance 

Points mean nothing. It's the support and the manager that has always dictated where wednesday go. 

Moore isn't big Ron. 

Sturrock wasn't Carlos. 

Wilko wasn't jack. 

But they will all be remembered. 

Darren Moore has a dream. Simple as that. 

#wawaw

His managerial record is fairly solid, he’s taken all 3 clubs to play off positions and his overall win percentage is around 45% which is good.  I was disappointed that we got relegated last season but when you consider the lack of effort/respect in that squad and the disharmony that he inherited, I don’t blame Moore for that.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

When we were doing bad people on here were saying it was because we had a poor squad  - bottom half of League one at best - we would do well to stay up. I was also told that there are at least 10 players in this league better than Bannan.

So either we have one of if not the best squads and players in the league who were underperforming  OR we have a poor squad which Moore is working wonders with. Consider this before you dish out the humble pie.

I know which direction I would be pushing the plate!

Now, now, it's not cool to bite😄

Think on debates on who is the best manager I that stats can only take you so far.

Have to qualify them with players/  resources available, which league in and expectations.

Think it normally boils down to what the manager did in the really big games.

We played some brilliant football under Trevor Francis but his reputation at Wednesday is harmed that we came up short in the big games.

Same with Carlos Carvahaul.

The really big games for Darren Moore are still ahead of us this season.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think on debates on who is the best manager I that stats can only take you so far.

Have to qualify them with players/  resources available, which league in and expectations.

Think it normally boils down to what the manager did in the really big games.

We played some brilliant football under Trevor Francis but his reputation at Wednesday is harmed that we came up short in the big games.

Same with Carlos Carvahaul.

The really big games for Darren Moore are still ahead of us this season.

People get wrapped up in stats but lets be honest, we could all produce stats to counter stats etc... We could find stats that make Liam Palmer look like Cafu!! yet we all know that isn't true.

Stats win you nothing and I agree its how the players and manager perform to be honest.