George Hirst

Nothing against the lad. Hope he forges a good career for himself.

He seems to be benefiting from playing regular first team football, doing well and enjoying himself. 

Hope he doesn't score against us. As I hope no opposition player scores against us.

• Like 4

The ultimate way he departed left a sour taste with me but water well under the bridge now. 

Looks a decent senior player now and is the right age to develope further.  If he became available for a sensible fee and wages then let bygones  be bygones. Suspect Leicester  would want more then we could prudently afford though.

5 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I think relations between the Hirsts and Owls have thawed somewhat and having looked at George highlight reel he seems to finally have found his feet in terms of output. 

On the last day I believe he will be genuinely torn if we have to win for autos as no matter what has happened in the past we are his team and he'll want us to go up. 

You reckon?

maybe my old hero too…his Dad

don’t think so and who cares anyway

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 hours ago, PTLiam said:

Wouldn't have him back though would we? 

I might if he was 23 with his best years ahead of him 

Ignoring the history, if there was another 23yo striker who’d scored 12 in 29 starts this season inc 8 in his last 14, was a Wednesdayite from Sheffield and was likely to be available on a free this summer I think most people would be saying snap him up… certainly if we’re still in this division next season.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I think relations between the Hirsts and Owls have thawed somewhat and having looked at George highlight reel he seems to finally have found his feet in terms of output. 

On the last day I believe he will be genuinely torn if we have to win for autos as no matter what has happened in the past we are his team and he'll want us to go up. 

They haven't thawed at all. 

George hirst won't be coming Hillsborough. 

And I'm glad. 

17 hours ago, paulrs said:

Ignoring the history, if there was another 23yo striker who’d scored 12 in 29 starts this season inc 8 in his last 14, was a Wednesdayite from Sheffield and was likely to be available on a free this summer I think most people would be saying snap him up… certainly if we’re still in this division next season.

we need better if the goal is to get back to the premier league. He was very poor at championship level, and thats a just ok record in a poor league 1, nothing special at 23. He isn't going to get us where we want to go, and thats before even talking about the baggage.

If we stay down then maybe there would be more merit in it but if we go up we're above his level.

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

we need better if the goal is to get back to the premier league. He was very poor at championship level, and thats a just ok record in a poor league 1, nothing special at 23. He isn't going to get us where we want to go, and thats before even talking about the baggage. 

lol

"She left me, but I'm not bothered because her hair was a mess on Tuesdays, she always wore horrible shoes, her cooking wasn't up to scratch and the fact she's run off with a fitness instructor doesn't bother me because I can sit on the sofa watching tipping point"

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

"She left me, but I'm not bothered because her hair was a mess on Tuesdays, she always wore horrible shoes, her cooking wasn't up to scratch and the fact she's run off with a fitness instructor doesn't bother me because I can sit on the sofa watching tipping point"

we should focus on ourselves and getting a fitter bird lol

Portsmouth will be among the favourites to go up next season. I should think they’ll be more than happy if we're no longer a threat in L1. They’ll walk out on the pitch in their shorts and sliders, opening up their beach umberella's and watching Tv. 

• Love 1