George Hirst

Guest DoesJackHunt
33 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Last game of season, has he ever scored at Hillsborough? 

Yes, he’s scored loads for the youth sides and some of those were at Hillsborough. 
I don’t think he’s scored a senior goal there yet, as far as I can remember.

I could easily be wrong though. 

If he does score in the last game of the season, we just need to make sure we score more, 

I don’t think we should be that worried about Hirst but I do think we should consider signing him for next season if possible. 

I think relations between the Hirsts and Owls have thawed somewhat and having looked at George highlight reel he seems to finally have found his feet in terms of output. 

On the last day I believe he will be genuinely torn if we have to win for autos as no matter what has happened in the past we are his team and he'll want us to go up. 

4 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I think relations between the Hirsts and Owls have thawed somewhat and having looked at George highlight reel he seems to finally have found his feet in terms of output. 

On the last day I believe he will be genuinely torn if we have to win for autos as no matter what has happened in the past we are his team and he'll want us to go up. 

I doubt we are his team anymore. 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's 100% a Wednesday fan through and through

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/portsmouth-v-sheffield-wednesday-george-hirst-admits-added-incentive-in-face-of-funny-owls-chants-3486531

See paragraph 5

In all honesty, if he's good enough, and Darren Moore thinks he would improve the squad, I'd love to see him here again. 

Looks to be a better option than bloody Kamberi that's for sure. 

Just miss the target on the last day please! 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Stop building "Straw strikers".....he's not as good as Gregory

Agreed.

Don't get the love in for someone who did absoloutley nothing for this club and has the build of a 14 year old boy. 

• Like 2

If he plays like he did at Fratton Park against us, then you don't need to worry about him.

He and the other two strikers were awful in that match. We should have been beaten easily as they were far better than us that night. Defence and Midfield were the best I've seen this season

Their non league strike force at the time was what got us the undeserved point. I am glad he's got better since the turn of the year but he's got a long way to go.