Team v Wycombe

6 minutes ago, Pieman said:

We are not beating Wycombe by out muscling them. We need to hit them in the lungs and like MKD, attack and defend on the front foot. We need to score 2 or 3, which we are definitely capable of and then defend like our lives depended on it, while squealing like babies every time they touch us 😀

Don't think Wycombe will be playing it about at the back to be pressed to be honest.

They launch it early and feed off vokes and akinfenwa (when he comes on).

We won't out muscle them but need to be able to stand up to them and compete.

Shocked people arr calling for Byers to be dropped. He's been brilliant past month and was my man of the match tonight. I'd honestly play same team as we did against MK Dons and just go and beat them. We won't out muscle them so need to avoid a slog fest which they will try to draw us in to.

• Like 1

You’d expect this to be a game where he plays Dunkley but he’s so far off it at the moment. He was shocking tonight when he came in and hardly won a challenge. Dunkley needs 4 or 5 games to get up to speed it seems from past periods when coming back into the team.

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Subs;

Wildsmith

Palmer

Dunkley

Dele

Adeniran

Mendez Laing

Paterson

BEEEF71D-AF4F-440F-B06B-14D2066E1E60.jpeg

Surely has to be this, by the sounds of it Hutch will be fit and I’d be happy with either Gibson or Palmer in the LCB role. (Or Hutch moving across to accommodate Dean). Just please keep Dunkley on the bench and Johnson at LWB only!

I hope DM doesn’t try anything clever like forcing NML into a strikers role again too. With Bannan in behind that front 3 is starting to find real form.

Tough to leave FDB out but Luongo has been game changer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Moore’s just said Hutchinson just missed out tonight and Deans getting some intensive treatment for a strain. Gibson made the bench tonight. So I presume Hutchinson and Gibson are available for selection and Dean is touch and go. 

BPF

Storey

Hutchinson

Dean/Gibson

Hunt

Byers

Bannan

Luongo

Johnson

Saido

Gregory

I see the argument for starting Pato with Gregory but I’d prefer Saido.

This all day long, however, I don't think Hutchinson or Dean will be fit so, if they aren't, My back three would be Story, Palmer, Gibson.  

I’m not a Dunkley fan but if Dean is out then he has to play. Without a commanding aerial presence at the back we’re asking for trouble. 

Bring him in for NML and push Johnson forward… then Luongo for Paterson. It’s our strongest XI so let them worry about us rather than tinkering too much.

However I wouldn’t be surprised if Moore also picked FDB ahead of Byers or Paterson ahead of Berahino for this one.

Windass back on the bench would be a nice bonus.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Expecting a physical one, so I'd go

BPF

Storey

Dean /Dunkley

Palmer

Hunt

FDB

Bannan

Luongo 

Johnson 

Gregory 

Paterson 

Dunkley is a car crash, Paterson can pass a ball and has no football intelligence! why would you break up Bannan Byers and Luongo midfiled that has served us so well.

Play our best team and let them worry about us!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Dunkley is a car crash, Paterson can pass a ball and has no football intelligence! why would you break up Bannan Byers and Luongo midfiled that has served us so well.

Play our best team and let them worry about us!

Cos I'm expecting they'll bombard us aerially and Dunkley is better coping with that then other options. 

I'd go FDB as he had a good game at the weekend an dhis extra physicality could be vital, as well as giving Byers a little rest 2 weeks before the playoffs 

30 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Cos I'm expecting they'll bombard us aerially and Dunkley is better coping with that then other options. 

I'd go FDB as he had a good game at the weekend an dhis extra physicality could be vital, as well as giving Byers a little rest 2 weeks before the playoffs 

Dunkley who played against Gillingham and lost 10 out of 18 headers against Oliver!

• Haha 1

Players that weren’t fit enough for the bench aren’t likely to start on Saturday.

BPF

Storey Dunkley Gibson

Hunt Byers Luongo Bannan Johnson

Berahino Gregory

Dunkley has been dreadful in his two recent cameos but he was magnificent earlier in the season. Moreover, I thought Storey was poor in the middle berth last night. I don’t see him standing up well to Wycombe as the pivotal CB. I like Gibson on the left. It gives us great balance and feeds the brilliant Johnson more.

I hope more than anything that he doesn’t go back to NML up top. Wide for Hunt - absolutely. Up front - never.

With Palmer, Fizz, NML and Paterson on the bench that’s one heck of a Matchday team and squad.

5 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I think from reading most teams it’s about either trying to deal with the threat of Wycombe vs our best actual 11 . 

tough one to call . 

It’s because people think our best 11 players equates to our best team - it doesn’t.

Time and time again we’ve been exposed from crosses away from home yet people still call for a lightweight defence.

If Dean isn’t fit to start then Dunkley has to - it’s that simple.

• Love 1