Team v Wycombe

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

If Dean isnt fit it'll  have to be Dunkley against a physical Wycombe. Those are the only two we've got who are decent in the air.

I take it you didn't see Dunkley trying and failing to win any of his aerial duals tonight? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Did you not see how well Byers played tonight?

I did not, I'm in exile. 

But I also think that keeping him fresh for play offs is important, and the extra physicality of FDB against Wycombe could be an asset 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

If Dean isnt fit it'll  have to be Dunkley against a physical Wycombe. Those are the only two we've got who are decent in the air.

Early season we’d have all wanted Dunkley. But, as you saw tonight, he’s a headless chicken right now. He needs to calm down and get back to his previous excellent best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BPF

Storey

Dean / Dunkley

Gibson

Hunt

Byers

Luongo

Bazza

Johnson

Gregory

Berahino

As many have said wycombe are a physical side so need some aerial domination and battlers in the team .

Potential case for Palmer at rwb for that more defensive cover too 

subs

Hutch

Mendez Laing

Paterson

Shodipo

Wildmsith 

Palmer

Dele B

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Early season we’d have all wanted Dunkley. But, as you saw tonight, he’s a headless chicken right now. He needs to calm down and get back to his previous excellent best.

Definitely not at his pre-injury excellence but hopefully will have benefitted from Saturday's  and tonight's minutes. We'll  need his aerial presence if Dean doesn't make it.  We're weak aerially without one of them.

Hopefully Dean will be ok though.

14 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

I take it you didn't see Dunkley trying and failing to win any of his aerial duals tonight? 

He played 8 minutes.  

Said same Saturday that center half is worst position to come in as a substitute and get upto speed of the game / get timing right etc.

If Dean is out then dunkley is best option to look after akinfenwa when he comes on.  It will be an areal bombardment on Saturday

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

BPF

Storey

Dean / Dunkley

Gibson

Hunt

Byers

Luongo

Bazza

Johnson

Gregory

Berahino

As many have said wycombe are a physical side so need some aerial domination and battlers in the team .

Potential case for Palmer at rwb for that more defensive cover too 

subs

Hutch

Mendez Laing

Paterson

Shodipo

Wildmsith 

Palmer

Dele B

That side is our strongest side and should play the rest of the games if fit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Definitely  rusty since his injury. Other than Dean only Dunkley is powerful in the air though. He does need to perform to his pre injury levels though.

Hopefully Dean will be ok but if not hopefully Dunkley will have benefitted from Saturday's  and tonight's  minutes and can recapture his earier form. Storey et al will struggle in the air against Wycombe IMO.

This match is tailor made for Dunkley and he’ll be our key man.

If he does what few centre backs have been able to do and wins the battle with Vokes, Wycombe won’t be able to sustain attacks without their focal point and we’ll win.

People saying no to Dunkley have this wrong in my opinion. Wycombe will relentlessly throw the ball into the box, pretty football will be out of the window. He needs to head and tackle everything that moves, perfect for him. He’s easily the best in the air we have.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Really....I thought he was our best midfielder

Paterson had a bad game give you that, Byers didn't contribute much going forward for me and looked lightweight at times which worries me Vs Wycombe.

Bannan excellent first half hour then went into "Hollywood ball" mode for a while trying to do too much.

Our best chance on Saturday is to have as much physical presence in the team as possible to stand up to them 

We are not beating Wycombe by out muscling them. We need to hit them in the lungs and like MKD, attack and defend on the front foot. We need to score 2 or 3, which we are definitely capable of and then defend like our lives depended on it, while squealing like babies every time they touch us 😀

4 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

This match is tailor made for Dunkley and he’ll be our key man.

If he does what few centre backs have been able to do and wins the battle with Vokes, Wycombe won’t be able to sustain attacks without their focal point and we’ll win.

People saying no to Dunkley have this wrong in my opinion. Wycombe will relentlessly throw the ball into the box, pretty football will be out of the window. He needs to head and tackle everything that moves, perfect for him. He’s easily the best in the air we have.

This. And after should not play again this season, but perfect for Saturday.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

BPF

Palmer Dean/Gibson Storey

Hunt FDB Bannan Luongo Johnson

Paterson Gregory

Only dropped Byers because I think him and Bannan will be too lightweight against Wycombe and will get bullied. FDB has great physical attributes and is great on the counter.