Wednesday - V- Crewe - OMDT

Expecting a professional patient performance as they going to play very defensive.

An early goal will obviously help, but expecting a tough game, Crewe are relaxed and will have no fears as they are relegated. Sometimes in these situations relegated teams suddenly perform better than they have all season 

Any win will do, i am going to wear extra pants tonight😉 its that squeaky bum time.

• Like 1

I’m starting to feel really nervous about this one. As most people are saying we should beat them no problem, but I can never really be confident supporting Wednesday….

I’m hoping it’ll turn out like that game against Cardiff a few years back, where we needed to win to secure a play off place. I was as nervous as a nun visiting a boys school that day but we won easily that day.

As for Crewe, we still owe them one for selling us Kenny Lunt.

UTO.

9 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Anyone else starting to feel nervous?

The potential for a momentous ending to the season will have many fans feeling the nerves.

Very very nervous. 

As the dear Ronnie Corbett once said, he hadn’t been so nervous since the time he was stood next to Shakin’ Stevens in the toilets.

• Haha 9

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.0eb140f48851c6978c7e548b8a5afedb.png

"Evening Norma, he's expecting me."

"Good evening Snooty. Yes, he's in. But I must warn you, that he's eating a pizza"

"I've seen him eat before, don't worry, dear"

"No, but this one is a special curry pizza. I didn't want you to think he'd gone completely mad and was eating dog muck off a cheese base."

"Oh..oh I see..."

image.png.83b2195acb13f5adf4c6bde514f1a21a.png

"I'm here Hargreaves, what is it you want? Don't you know I'm busy of an evening doing the match thread"

"Ahh. The match thread. Nice of you show up for once"

"I beg your pardon!"

"Last weeks no show. Can't have it. Letting the punters down"

"A man is allowed a holiday. Crikey, you let Taz have one for five years"

"Yeeaaah. Not a bad idea that. But listen, I've not called you here to talk about other people. It's you. You need to pull your finger out. It's just not on."

"Need, I remind you that while we talk of pulling fingers out, I'm still waiting for my Furlough!"

"Small details. Now listen..."

191586541_n(2).png.2a045527362707c2a856ef389466cf53.png

"Good God!"

"What?"

"For a minute I thought it was David Bellamy"

"Stop changing the subject. Now, listen I don't want to let you go.."

"Let me go! You mean..the sack?!"

"No, listen , I said I don't want to ,and.... being the sort of boss I am. A cool one, one who doesn't eat breakfast or believe in suits, I'm going to put you on a help plan rather than sack you"

"What!"

"Personal Improvement Support  Scheme"

"A....a....a P.I.S.S plan? Are you taking it?"

"Certainly not. You've got all the work to do now. Germanbird has come in and has a 100% track record of wins doing the OMDT.  That's the sort of quality I could use on this site"

"Well yes quite, but..."

"Your own ratio is down at 44%, quite poor I think you'll agree"

"Play the game Hargreaves, I had Luhukay and Monk to contend with , and the withering goalscoring husk of Jordan Rhodes"

"Enough with the excuses! It's a take it or leave it contract. You're on a monthly review where your performance levels will be looked at."

"Now hang on, I'm your best login, none of your others have had the longevity I've had."

"True. You have been one of my better ideas. And that is why I'm giving you this chance . I'll have my assistants watch your every move. Like on The Apprentice"

"Oooh, will I be getting shadowed by Karen Brady? I've always thought she was a bit of a sort."

"No."

"Bugger, is it Claude?"

"You'll be judged at 9:30 on a Tuesday and 4:45 on a Saturday......by the Match Day section residents "

"What?! The f*cking Suicide Squad! Half of them would hang a man when the teams come out at half past two!"

"Right. Now off you trot and , don't forget. I'll be watching"

"Well are you at least going to ring me a cab?"

"I can do better than that"

image.png.d4ed9e507ca081f682f5479a6175f1d9.png

"A bloody E-scooter I tell you, Stubbs. Through Upperthorpe . At night. On a Bank Holiday Monday evening. Anything could have happened to me. It's a wonder I'm still alive. The mans lost all leave of his senses I tell you. Curry on Pizza he was eating when I got it there! Did I mention that. Curry on Pizza!"

"He does eat chip shop curry sauce instead of mushy peas with battered fish, sir. His culinary choices shouldn't surprise you by now"

"Well no, but still. It's a bit rummy. And all this about a P.I.S.S plan. I mean, it's all a bit much. I have to say though, old German bird did a sterling job . I'll have to watch my step. Mind you, here, hang on, hang on a minute ,  blimey, I've just thought. All this threat about upping my game.  What about this Brexit malarky"

"Brexit, Sir?"

"Well, I thought it was for saving  jobs for entitled fatheaded Englishmen, y'know, stop them from being taken by better looking, better qualified, multilingual,  harder working , succinct,  professionals, far better suited to the role...if not for that, then what was it for?"

"Well Sir, according to Ted in the tap room of the Mutton Dagger,  it was mainly to stop Somalian Pirates coming here and using milk tokens to empty the local Budgens"

"But Somalia isn't even in Europe , Stubbs. And I expect pirates have more plunder on their mind than sodding milk tokens."

"Indeed ,Sir. But that's what we're dealing with"

"My God. What a world we live in"

"Shall we, ahem. Match thread ,Sir?"

"No. You fool. This entire episode is about taking peoples minds off it. Trying to distract from the growing tension"

"Oh. I see. Very good Sir. Very long winded"

image.png.c3808ab9b85c7a9c15d6278d0bd4d46e.png

image.png.a7359e6c94db190419ff63a82039483c.png

"Tell me more Mr Hargreafffes, about zeez people that live in your head. Zis Snooty and his man servant also. You mentioned in our last session about a Penguin. And somevan callt ze Big Guns. How many of zem are zeh? Do they all vie for ze top spot,? All ze time zees voices. No vonder  your head is spinning."

"Oh, don't call me Mr Hargreaves, Doctor. Please. Call me GermanBird...Mwahahahahah!"

----------------------------------------------------

image.png.6fbfe24e298c54004e2238c27cecd834.png

WEDNESDAY

After winning nine of their previous 11 home games, Sheffield Wednesday will be confident that they can claim a third consecutive home victory on Tuesday.

The only question marks really remain over selection where the Owls are once more starting to pick up some of the knocks and strains which have haunted them nearly all season. 

OWLS POSSIBLE-:

11.png.f8baf369017d90730c8d431b2ea46ebb.png

CREWE  ALEXANDRA

The visitors, meanwhile, have three games left to play in their current two-season stay in League One, with Crewe's relegation already confirmed.

David Artell was sacked following the defeat to Doncaster - which relegated the Railwaymen - with Alex Morris put in charge until the end of the season.

Although they are heading through the trap door, Crewe received a much-needed boost on Friday when they beat AFC Wimbledon 3-1 to end a run of eight consecutive defeats.

Crewe were trailing at half time against the Dons following Sam Cosgrove's 19th-minute strike, but they turned the game on its head in the second period, with Mikael Mandron, Chris Long and Bassala Sambou all scoring to help their side to just their third victory of 2022.

Despite emerging victorious from Friday's encounter, the Railwaymen will enter Tuesday's game in pessimistic mood with the visitors currently holding the worst away record in League One.

CREW POSSIBLE-:

image.png.98c72327bfa63771aa2103f29dc05000.png

image.png.3ce2edb8b519204a6b4169313eaf9ccb.png

SOME STATS...

image.png.61e4b9be03bb9e9a1939e0f65ccf09ec.png

image.png.6d6cb8712dba6a3844e64712dc0f2f53.png

COME ON

WEDNESDAY!

tenor.gif.53c535e124131d64de0917983c59797b.gif

Wonderful MDT as ever, Snoots, but:

What lies in the future is a mystery to us all.

No one can predict the way that fortune's wheel will fall.

Karen Carpenter

• Like 1