I Hope The Team Aren’t As Complacent As Me

Because of how favourable todays results for other teams were a draw would actually see us go back to fifth. But we really need to get them three points in the bag with a convincing win and get our arses up to fourth!

I am the opposite of complacent now and pray DM isn’t going to start resting players of messing about with the team selection with half an eye on Wycombe. A win tomorrow takes all of the pressure off us and piles it on everyone else for a change!

10 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Because of how favourable todays results for other teams were a draw would actually see us go back to fifth. But we really need to get them three points in the bag with a convincing win and get our arses up to fourth!

I am the opposite of complacent now and pray DM isn’t going to start resting players of messing about with the team selection with half an eye on Wycombe. A win tomorrow takes all of the pressure off us and piles it on everyone else for a change!

Totally this.

Really hope we go into it with a mentality of wanting to win to take some pressure off that Wycombe game.

3 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

If we don’t beat a relegated team who have lost 29 times this season, with a minus 44 goal difference, then we don’t deserve to get the play offs.

Its not even complacency. I know tomorrow will be tricky and respect Crewe enough to know they, and anyone, can cause us issues. We struggle against the old ‘low block’ and teams that come here to defend.

But we need to get a grip now, stop fannying around against these sides and get the job done.

Well said and my thoughts entirely. Moreover, this team is championship standard as well.