11 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Due by Friday. What are we expecting?

Been told we Will be very competitive when signing new players this summer !! #uto 

7 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Full covid accounts aren’t they with lack of match day income? 

Yes, plus season ticket refunds and two manager sackings as well. It won't make pretty reading. 

• Like 1

We are currently under restrictions for not following the efl rules and paying our players on time.

Lets hope we file our accounts on time unlike in 4 years out if 5, because if not then the EFL may see this as us not learning our lesson and possible hit us with more sanctions.

The 20/21 season account will not make for pretty reading, the season after Covid, i think we will be looking at losses in the region of £15-20m with no income from fans season tickets and reduced tv money and reduce attendances.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/how-bristol-citys-384m-losses-6921841

We'll be in the red, but looking at this, it is pretty much impossible to run a Championship club anywhere near break even.  Clubs like Brighton, Burnley, Wolves who have gone up and consolidated over a number of seasons without yo-yoing are the model obviously everyone wants to aspire to - as debts can be wiped off and investments made in infrastructure/ academies whilst aiming to make the first team finish in the 10-15 positions.

Don't get me wrong, even yo yo clubs like FUlham, West Brom, Watford and Norwich are miles ahead of where we are, buoyed by pretty consistent Prem earnings/ parachute payments.

Hopefully we get promoted and can convert some of our loan signings into perm - Storey, Dean (injuries notwithstanding), BPF would be top of my list - then add some young, hungry, athletic, technical players wide left, up front and in midfield.