Berahino fitness?

11 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Thought he was unlucky last night with the goals. 

Played well imo

This.

He wasn't the only one guilty of pretty shocking finishing, yes his chance was perhaps the easiest and should have been buried which 9 times out of 10 he would but Gregory and Paterson amongst others missed some pretty clear cut chances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

So who are we playing upfront against Wycombe?

Same pair. 

Berahino (twice), Gregory, Paterson and Kamberi all missed Golden chances in the six yard box. All terrible misses. 

But of the strikers available there’s no question that Berahino & Gregory are the best pair we have.

• Like 3

On 18/04/2022 at 14:35, Holmowl said:

Fair play for all that. But I still totally disagree. NML just doesn’t know how to play striker, and if Moore does go back to that our goals will dry up.

Agree

As a team we look much better balanced without NML, his instinct is to pull wide left and then dribble, cut inside and try a shot. He doesn't deliver an early ball into the box that strikers love unlike Johnson who is very good at that.

Not saying NML is a bad player he is strong powerful and goes for goal but I don't think he suits our style.

Would be really good coming on for the last 30 if Johnson are Hunt are not delivering and the opponents are tiring.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

So who are we playing upfront against Wycombe?

Horses for courses.

We've shown in recent weeks that we can dominate teams and create a hatful of chances with different combinations of players up top.

Unfortunately, we've also shown that we can miss a hatful of chances with different combinations of players up top!

:duntmatter:

If the following holds true on Saturday, then an aerial battle might suit Wycombe, so perhaps Paterson might be playing right into their hands?

If they're weak to counter attacks, then perhaps the pace of Mendez-Laing running in behind could be key to stretching them and knocking them out off their stride?

Or perhaps we think there's an opportunity for Berahino to find pockets of space in and around the box?

1634486056_Screenshot2022-04-20at08_58_19.png.542e877440b7ecc49d28daf71cc0ea19.png

I don't really know enough about either Wycombe or the state of our players to make a call. 

But Moore will have his plan, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Not gonna dwell on Saido’s miss. He couldn’t repeat the same thing again if he tried 1000 times. Every striker has them. 

I can see an argument for him starting. Continuity and all that. I can also see an argument for Patto being given the nod.

I don’t envy Moore with that decision. 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Moore will want to combat Wycombe’s physicality, so I think we’ll see Paterson and Gregory next

I can imagine Kamberi is even in his thoughts with Berahino getting the last 35m against some tired opposites

Combating Wycombe's physicality at the back with big men, up front with quick wily men.