Team v Crewe

This is the game where I’d be starting the best possible 11 and not worry about resting players for Wycombe. Points in the bag are everything. Yes rest players with knocks etc but we have to be looking to absolutely mallet Crewe. If we slip up on Tuesday then suddenly Wycombe becomes a ‘must win’ and all of the pressure is on us. Whereas right now all of the pressure is on them. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I reckon Moore will pick NML, his explosive play should worry Crewe whether thats him playing up front or wing back. 

I also think they'll be at least 2 rested and don't be surprised if Shodipo & Patterson get a game.

Agree, play Hunt at Wycombe as he is the stronger defender..... don't take any risks with players who are not 100%

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The next game is the most important one (until the one after that).

Can't afford to take Crewe lightly. They've just won their first game under the new manager after 8 straight defeats and he's told the players they're now playing for their livelihoods. 

Play the strongest available team, blow them away early doors then can take it easy and take some players off for a rest.

100% this all day long and twice on Sundays.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Would always start with the strongest 11. If we get a decent lead then start making changes. Dunkley scares the poo out of me with the ball at his feet, and with him allowing it to bounce last night led to their goal. Played well before his injury but looked level below what we are used to last night. Not sure if we can afford to give him the few games he usually needs to get up to speed. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Personally I wouldn't be rushing back Dean, Luongo or Hutch

BPF

Storey

Dunkley 

Palmer

Hunt

FDB

Byers 

Bannan 

NML

Gregory

Paterson 

I'd give Johnson a rest ahead of the final push, and think likelihood of Berahino playing back to back games so close is low

Play best team available rest players if we make top 6..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, steelerian said:

why on earth are some people putting Shodipo in the team?

wow, just wow.

Earlier in the season you’d have said that about Berahino.  I suggested Moore might play him, Moore clearly has faith in him still and there’s an argument that the wingbacks need a break. Crewe were the weakest team I’ve seen this season so I think if there’s a game he could start in then it’s this one. I don’t think anybody would have him in their first choice starting 11, in fact I don’t think I’d have him in my first 18. There’s an argument to start with the strongest 11 against Crewe but I don’t think Moore will do, he’ll pick a team he thinks is best suited for that match and also protect players tired or carrying slight knocks.

15 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Earlier in the season you’d have said that about Berahino.  I suggested Moore might play him, Moore clearly has faith in him still and there’s an argument that the wingbacks need a break. Crewe were the weakest team I’ve seen this season so I think if there’s a game he could start in then it’s this one. I don’t think anybody would have him in their first choice starting 11, in fact I don’t think I’d have him in my first 18. There’s an argument to start with the strongest 11 against Crewe but I don’t think Moore will do, he’ll pick a team he thinks is best suited for that match and also protect players tired or carrying slight knocks.

I get what you're saying about playing maybe carrying knocks or on the edge of burnout, and if thats the case then yes give them a game off to rest.

But my point it that no one on here knows WHICH players are in that situation. Yet they continually bang about resting players. Especially Loungo and now Johnson. When, in fact, both are in the form of their (SWFC) lives. so let them just get on with playing great, until the medical staff deem them in need of a rest. If they were playing poor, looking slow and leggy, then Id proably agree with you. But they're not.

So, in short, stop banging on about resting players when you have no clue who needs it.

Lovely. Great. Ta. Smashing. Splendid.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, steelerian said:

I get what you're saying about playing maybe carrying knocks or on the edge of burnout, and if thats the case then yes give them a game off to rest.

But my point it that no one on here knows WHICH players are in that situation. Yet they continually bang about resting players. Especially Loungo and now Johnson. When, in fact, both are in the form of their (SWFC) lives. so let them just get on with playing great, until the medical staff deem them in need of a rest. If they were playing poor, looking slow and leggy, then Id proably agree with you. But they're not.

So, in short, stop banging on about resting players when you have no clue who needs it.

Lovely. Great. Ta. Smashing. Splendid.

I'm not banging on about it, it's just that Moore may do it. Nowadays football is very much a team game and very few teams play the same team week after week. I don't actually mind, Moore knows better than I do, but this forum is about opinions and my opinion is we won't start with the same 11 as at MK. 

4 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I'm not banging on about it, it's just that Moore may do it. Nowadays football is very much a team game and very few teams play the same team week after week. I don't actually mind, Moore knows better than I do, but this forum is about opinions and my opinion is we won't start with the same 11 as at MK. 

ok, banging on about it was a tad strong, so my apolgies.

but, why would moore do it? unless he's a raving looney? players are on form. we are clicking. we are scoring. we are winning games. play your best team and ride the way all the way back up to the Championship. EIEIEIO n all that. boom!

10 minutes ago, steelerian said:

ok, banging on about it was a tad strong, so my apolgies.

but, why would moore do it? unless he's a raving looney? players are on form. we are clicking. we are scoring. we are winning games. play your best team and ride the way all the way back up to the Championship. EIEIEIO n all that. boom!

Why - well we beat Cambridge 6-0 and then 3 days later played Accrington and he dropped/rested Gregory, after possibly the best strike partnership showing of the season. When he brought Gregory on during the Accrington game it was to replace Berahino. It's took 6 games til he started them again as a strike partnership at MK. Berahino was admittedly away for 1 of them. 

Whatever he decides, let's hope it's a convincing win and helps our goal average (being greedy)

5 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Why - well we beat Cambridge 6-0 and then 3 days later played Accrington and he dropped/rested Gregory, after possibly the best strike partnership showing of the season. When he brought Gregory on during the Accrington game it was to replace Berahino. It's took 6 games til he started them again as a strike partnership at MK. Berahino was admittedly away for 1 of them. 

Whatever he decides, let's hope it's a convincing win and helps our goal average (being greedy)

Gregory had JUST come back from injury at that point. But yes it baffled me why they didnt get a run out together again. Cant get my head aroudn that one. Especially as NML wasnt playing so well at the time.