Well done Darren Moore

I was scathing with Moore until end of October given how bad we were playing and that we were only showing up for 20

minutes a game.

But fair play, he’s got us playing well now. He’s changed the formation and we are playing a good brand of football and he wants ball playing centre halves which is what we all want to see. 

Tactically, he got it spot on last night. The way our 2 centre forwards and Bannan pressed their 3 centre halves was the critical point. We didn’t let them settle into their passing game as we pressed them high up the pitch. 

Let’s hope he gets us up as he is a very likeable fella. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Whenever you hear other people in the football world talk about Moore it’s very complimentary.  And we know a lot of players said they signed for us because of Moore, whether they really wanted the ££ the point is that having a manager players want to play for is an important starting point.  Without that you are getting performances like we saw under Jos and Pulis.  Still a big IF, but IF we got promoted this season then it could be an exciting summer, with some money to spend and Moore (and the club itself) attracting players.  

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

b25lY21zOmM0YjE2YmY4LWJiZTctNGUwNy05YTY2LTQ5MmViZTM0OTU2NzowMGU1MGYwMS01MjZjLTQ1MjgtOTdjYS01M2E5OTVhZGI2M2U=.jpg

Have to say a huge huge well done to Darren Moore for the MK Dons result

In a game where the opposition were absolutely flying and had the best form

In a game with so much riding on the result

In a game where huge huge pressure was on because of other results the previous day in the league

In a game where we took so many fans down for a huge game (where normally SWFC would collapse and let them down)

In a game where Hutchinson and Luongo were ruled out before the game

He not only got the win, but he had the lads fired up for the game beyond belief. They came out of the traps flying and full of confidence in a game where so much was against them. 

Darren Moore has really started to show his absolute class in the second half of this season as players gel, as we find the attacking approach is more successful, as we start smashing in goal after goal after goal, and where we're getting results when previously we wouldn't

Hand on heart not many Owls fans would have expected a result yesterday but the boss pulled it out of the bag to keep the dream alive, and to send thousands of Wednesday fans home on the long long journey home in the early hours very very happy

WELL DONE DARREN MOORE

Don’t think there’s anything else you can add to this.

Absolutely spot on with everything yesterday. 

Well done DM and the players 

Totally agree. Hopefully, a few more than Jim and I in the DM fan club now.

And, I definitely saw that result coming, here is my prediction to Saul 🤣

‘I am looking forward to a good game and I hope you go up mate. We are in a good place, better than when we played last time, so both teams are in for a very tough night. I’m going 1-3 to Wednesday, with the obligatory late goal, to finish 2-3. All the best.’

I do lottery numbers as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

b25lY21zOmM0YjE2YmY4LWJiZTctNGUwNy05YTY2LTQ5MmViZTM0OTU2NzowMGU1MGYwMS01MjZjLTQ1MjgtOTdjYS01M2E5OTVhZGI2M2U=.jpg

In a game where huge huge pressure was on because of other results the previous day in the league

In a game where we took so many fans down for a huge game (where normally SWFC would collapse and let them down)

He not only got the win, but he had the lads fired up for the game beyond belief. They came out of the traps flying and full of confidence in a game where so much was against them. 

Darren Moore has really started to show his absolute class in the second half of this season as players gel, as we find the attacking approach is more successful, as we start smashing in goal after goal after goal, and where we're getting results when previously we wouldn't

Hand on heart not many Owls fans would have expected a result yesterday but the boss pulled it out of the bag to keep the dream alive, and to send thousands of Wednesday fans home on the long long journey home in the early hours very very happy

WELL DONE DARREN MOORE

Spot on mate, huge well done to Daz 

I’m in the minority but I think he’s managed the squad pretty well throughout the season.

8 defeats in 42 games.

46 goals conceded, not the best defensive record by any means but factor in the inability to have a settled back 3 and BPF away on international duty at various stages of the season, it’s pretty decent.

70 goals scored without a prolific marksman. We may have had one had Gregory and Windass had been available more often but once again in the circumstances, a very decent return.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, we’re making progress and I have seen the players smiling as much and as together since the Carlos day’s.

Well done Darren.

• Like 8

At the start of the season I was prepared to give Darren the season but by the end of November I must admit to wanting him gone. But he has now galvanised to team into a unit. 
Well done to him and his team and just shows us all that a manager needs time and what ever happens in the next few weeks we need to keep him in place for next season.

Onwards and upwards with the owls.

4 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Nice look to the heavens from him at full time last night, thanking the Good Lord. 

Personally I doubt the Good Lord exists, and if he does he clearly hates Sheffield Wednesday, but perhaps DM will find a way to get through on the hotline. 

He was looking at the ball that BPF had launched into space at the end of the game

Ive been critical of Moore but like all owls fans I’m over the moon he’s turned things around

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

WELL DONE DARREN MOORE

Not going to read the replies, no need to they will be plenty of backtracking !!   It was always going to be tough it’s took a bit of time but I think DM now has the right balance !!  We’re going up !!! #uto 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, William 1867 said:

Well done to him and his team and just shows us all that a manager needs time and what ever happens in the next few weeks we need to keep him in place for next season.

This, this and absolutely this. 

DM is a good manager at this level and I'll never understand the mentality of those who would sack him tomorrow.

We're having a good season and the improvement in the second half of the season is self evident. We're heading in the right direction and regardless of how this season ends up we need to be building on the progress made. The best way to do that is to retain the services of the architect.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

We really have been banging them in lately, it's all starting to come together quite nicely.

Let's hope we keep it going on Tuesday, I reckon Crewe will be bricking it when they turn up at fortress Hillsborough.

Too many times I’ve seen a team start winning as soon as it’s clear they’re relegated and the pressure is off. Suddenly there’s nothing more to lose, they can relax and play their natural game.

It would be a big mistake to get complacent about this game because Crewe are bottom of League1.

We should all know by now what our record is like against bottom end teams.