Snippets from Mk Dons Forum

24 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

The only gripe i would have about MK Dons is that banner "The Club That Didn't Die" an absolute insult to Wimbledon that is 

MK Dons are a different entity and personally i don't make too much of the "franchise" rubbish but statements like that banner isn't doing them any favours 

Does any MK fan really reminicse about when they won the cup against Liverpool ? of course they don't because they didn't 

You're right, they are a different entity.

Which is why their chairman should never have made comments such as: "MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon share the same heritage, but we're the real child of Wimbledon."

Or, when asked whether MK Dons would return Wimbledon F.C.'s trophies to AFC Wimbledon, he should never have said that they "abdicated their right to it when they all walked away", and only back down years later.

It's also why they should probably forego the 'Dons' part of their name, since that inextricably ties them to Wimbledon.

And I suppose most crucially, it's why they should never have been allowed to take another club's league standing rather than having to build their own like everyone else.

Because they are a different entity. Apparently.

• Like 1