Snippets from Mk Dons Forum

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Genuine question do we actually know if this is true? 

I see it bandied around regularly but I've never seen anything to back it up.

Not sure where the rumour comes from but Bannan himself replied to a tweet saying he wished he was on 20k.

I'm not sure why the rumour persists when the player has already debunked it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Easily the better player. This season he has the most goal contributions of any player in our history. He’s an unbelievable talent and only 22.

How do you rate him compared to Dele Alli?

3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

How do you rate him compared to Dele Alli?

great question. Dele will always hold a special place in every Dons fans heart as he came through the academy and was a proper MK boy. While both are midfielders, Dele played as a true box to box CM, whereas as Twine is a false 9/CAM. Dele was a much more all rounded player, he could defend, attack and covered every blade of grass, he was a different beast, since he went to the prem he shifted to being a CAM/False 9. Twine is much more attacking and only does the creative, but he’s brilliant at it. Overall I would Say Dele was the better player, but his fall from grace has been outstanding. I don’t think Twine could reach the heights Dele did. 

• Thanks 3

I think if Bannan was a few years younger he’d obviously be playing regular football for a top end championship team.

People forget, he made the Championship team of the season playing LM all year when we finished 6th. That was his ‘prime’ yeah, in a proper team. He’s only gotten better since, now he’s a actually playing in his most influential position in a division below his ability. Of course he looks excellent.

It’s actually quite satisfying to finally have a player most opposition managers flag pre game in the presser as being best in the league.

I love that DM has finally got him playing as a #10. Instead of trying to quarter back the team, he’s in and around the final 3rd much more making those killer penetrating balls and shooting around the box more often. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

When did the term Quarter Back creep into our game?

When the David Beckham media frenzy was just starting to fizzle out.

Maybe 2007

There was talk of him moving in to a deep lying CM role to effectively spray long passes in the style of a ‘quarterback’

All nonsense of course.

I am a Sheffield lad love Wednesday followed them all my life, now live in Buckingham. MK Dons are a big part of the region, lots of activity with the local community, forget where they came from they truly are a big part of Milton Keynes.

They have developed local talent within the club, and yes there stadium is modern but has a great restaurant lovely hotel  and great facilities, forget the hotel but would you not like that at Hillsborough, there training facilities are quite good as well,

Was at the game loved our support fantastic night think you probably had another few hundred fans in the home part of the ground.

Big week 4 point will see us in the playoffs unless poo happens (Oh poo this is Wednesday)

• Like 4

I know a lot of people poke the MK franchise and it’s existence but ive got to say ive nothing to

dislike about any of their fans ( granted ive not met many)

they always seem balanced 

not like some of the delusional arrogance you get in sone fans ( including our own ) 

I actually thought if they scored another in normal 90 minutes which  they did then they would get a draw because of the injury time 

Anyway I hope the best rotherham to that second spot 

• Like 4

On 18/04/2022 at 10:08, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

When did the term Quarter Back creep into our game?

We’ve got a mate who always called Gary Megson the quarterback way back in the Wilkinson days.

On 17/04/2022 at 09:46, victorturner said:

Very honest comments from MK. They looked a poor team and fans must be worried. Wednesday streets ahead in attacking intent and sheer drive. As for their keeper, how many of the three conceded ought to have been saved?

They didn’t look a poor team for this level, Wednesday played well simple. 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2022 at 15:18, BetterCallSaul said:

wishful thinking imo, they have the game in hand and goal difference on their side. Play-offs or bust for me.

Nah, Rotherham, despite scraping a 1-0 win, were a pile of tosh at the weekend against an Ipswich side that were already wrapping themselves in beach towels and building sandcastles. They haven't finished wobbling yet so it's all to play for in the race fro automatics... and frankly, I think I'd rather face Rotherham in the semis or at Wembley than a decent footballing side such as MK Dons

• Like 1

Just now, danblakemore said:

Looking at the crowd, a majority were 20 or under - MK Dons is their club, nit a franchise or Wimbledon.

Fair play to them. 

The only gripe i would have about MK Dons is that banner "The Club That Didn't Die" an absolute insult to Wimbledon that is 

MK Dons are a different entity and personally i don't make too much of the "franchise" rubbish but statements like that banner isn't doing them any favours 

Does any MK fan really reminicse about when they won the cup against Liverpool ? of course they don't because they didn't 

• Like 4