Are we almost in the playoffs..

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

I've not given up on automatic even though it is highly unlikely, definitely would have to win all 4 games. 

9 points will be enough to get in play offs, 7 points probably enough if one of wins was against Wycombe. 

If we win at Wycombe they can only get to 82, Oxford can only get to 81.. so 7 points in that case would definitely be enough. 

We need to beat Crewe then we go to Wycombe knowing a win basically seals top 6 as long as we don’t lose the last 2 games.

10 hours ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

If we win at Wycombe they can only get to 82, Oxford can only get to 81.. so 7 points in that case would definitely be enough. 

We need to beat Crewe then we go to Wycombe knowing a win basically seals top 6 as long as we don’t lose the last 2 games.

Crewe should be winnable and would give us a buffer so we have a few bites at the cherry to get into playoffs...   

Would it be best if we get there with a few games to go so we can rest players or keep playing hard and try to carry that form into the playoffs.

Wycombe have a decent run in and will be ok I think.

Plymouth have a lot to navigate. If they make it then it’s impressive and they might sneak up.

Our aim needs to be to have it sorted before the final day as I think we have one of the harder closing games. Pompey are playing ok now the pressure is off 

40 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Wycombe have a decent run in and will be ok I think.

Plymouth have a lot to navigate. If they make it then it’s impressive and they might sneak up.

Our aim needs to be to have it sorted before the final day as I think we have one of the harder closing games. Pompey are playing ok now the pressure is off 

I agree, we know from last season we bottle it on the last day..

23 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Natural pessimism surrounding all things Wednesday I suppose. We’re a decent side on a good run of form but we have weaknesses which can be exploited. Hopefully our quality and experience can make the difference in what are sure to be really tense games (if we get there of course!)

The only way Wednesday are successful is by playing attacking football... I'm therefore pessimistic when we change our tactics from attacking football/ controlling the game offensively to a defensive hold onto the lead tactic, as this has cost us results so many times in the past...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

The only way Wednesday are successful is by playing attacking football... I'm therefore pessimistic when we change our tactics from attacking football/ controlling the game offensively to a defensive hold onto the lead tactic, as this has cost us results so many times in the past...

I think though to be fair the opposition tend to often step up their game after conceding one or two...  Also from a losing position nothing to lose..