Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

We’re really spoilt for quality in centre midfield aren’t we. The 4 options we have for the 3 places are all of a high quality, and I never feel worried whichever 3 of the 4 play. The best thing is they all offer something completely different, all 4 are different footballers. Luongo is the aggressive holding midfielder who bites into tackles and breaks up play. Byers is a lovely football who slows the play down to his pace and keeps the game ticking nicely. Baz is a cut above and can pull some magic out the hat and FDB is a powerhouse who can carry the ball up the pitch and get us higher. All 4 are real quality options we’re lucky to have in this league  

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Best game ive seen him have today.

I’ve seen him have a few very good games usually in the cup when we player lower league teams and  we have some young players In the squad 

seem to remember last season noticing this not sure if one of the games was against Rochdale? And thinking going down a division will really let him kick on and get game time 

sadly that’s not happened to much and when it has he’s not really looked to kick on, looked a great asset for a young lad today though 

not sure how long us left on his contract but I’d be looking at extending it longer term 

their might Be more if an active role for him here next season if luongo doesn’t sign ( and I think he won’t sign ) especially if we stay in this division and even if we get promoted I think they’re will be plenty of suiters in league one to have him loaned out with the condition he plays 

he’s coming into the years now where he needs to play or he will stagnate a little

part of me wished he’d play more but where does he fit in? 

• Like 1

Potential to be class . Has pace power and the ability to go far . His next progression is the final ball or shot . If he can add that bit of composure he should be capable of getting goals and assists from midfield , add that to his ability to win the ball and surge forward we will have some player 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

I’ve seen him have a few very good games usually in the cup when we player lower league teams and  we have some young players In the squad 

seem to remember last season noticing this not sure if one of the games was against Rochdale? And thinking going down a division will really let him kick on and get game time 

sadly that’s not happened to much and when it has he’s not really looked to kick on, looked a great asset for a young lad today though 

not sure how long us left on his contract but I’d be looking at extending it longer term 

their might Be more if an active role for him here next season if luongo doesn’t sign ( and I think he won’t sign ) especially if we stay in this division and even if we get promoted I think they’re will be plenty of suiters in league one to have him loaned out with the condition he plays 

he’s coming into the years now where he needs to play or he will stagnate a little

Agree with most of this.

If we dont go up i do think Bannan will stay but i dont think Luongo will. This should help Dele get more opportunities but we would still need to bring another CM player in IMO.

But like you say if we do go up, a season long loan in this league where he will play would do him the world of good.

22 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with most of this.

If we dont go up i do think Bannan will stay but i dont think Luongo will. This should help Dele get more opportunities but we would still need to bring another CM player in IMO.

But like you say if we do go up, a season long loan in this league where he will play would do him the world of good.

Our problem in this division I think is our inability to change sometimes I’ve said it across multiple threads we are a short squad and concede so many goals on set pieces 

And when some teams come to nullify our midfield and go long they can become passengers of the game, ( Gillingham at home for example ) 

we need more height in the team to attack and defend set pieces and to be able to change it up 

players like Dele give us that presence strength and power we lack at times 

he needs to play more and get that run of consistent games because I no doubt think if luongo stays or goes we will still add to the midfield next season 

Byres 

bannan 

Adrienne 

dele 

luongo? 

I can see him adding 1/2 more in there but where’s that leave Dele for playing time 

next season is a huge year for him if he’s not going to play next year and I’m guessing we could even see a loan CM come in then let’s get him tied down and loaned out and have him back with 35-50 senior games under his belt 

• Like 1

Very impressive indeed last night - and well done to DM for specifically mentioning him in his post match assessment.

Once he gets more composure and consistency, he will be a very good player. and a valuable asset to the club

Onwards and upwards

17 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Our problem in this division I think is our inability to change sometimes I’ve said it across multiple threads we are a short squad and concede so many goals on set pieces 

And when some teams come to nullify our midfield and go long they can become passengers of the game, ( Gillingham at home for example ) 

we need more height in the team to attack and defend set pieces and to be able to change it up 

players like Dele give us that presence strength and power we lack at times 

he needs to play more and get that run of consistent games because I no doubt think if luongo stays or goes we will still add to the midfield next season 

Byres 

bannan 

Adrienne 

dele 

luongo? 

I can see him adding 1/2 more in there but where’s that leave Dele for playing time 

next season is a huge year for him if he’s not going to play next year and I’m guessing we could even see a loan CM come in then let’s get him tied down and loaned out and have him back with 35-50 senior games under his belt 

Don’t forget we’ve got Adeniran to add to that list.

WTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first time I saw Raw talent, it came in the form of a large,red0headed white male called Derek Dooley.

I must say ,some of FDB's forward runs remind me of JJ, with the exception that, as opposed to JJ , who seemed to drag the ball behind him, and had little control of the ball during the run, FDB certainly has.

Incidentally, Ramadan fasting ,is not starvation .It is not eating from sunrise to sunset, after which they can binge if they want

Sick of the lazy powerful cliche.

Last night he dribbled past a load of people. Didn't barge through them, dribbled, yet the commentator says goes back to him using his physicality and being an athletic player. What does that even mean?

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Last night we saw the player this lad could be.

He's an absolute unit.

He's not got bad feet either when he gets going. He should get on that training routine where you dribble through the ski polls using outside-inside-outside-inside foot touches alternated. Just get him doing that for hours then playing 15 yard passes. He's quick and powerful, give him any side-to-side dribbling ability and he's either going to draw a lot of fouls or leave a lot of defenders on their 'arris. Could be a very good keeps-it-simple but very good at ball-carrying centre midfielder outside the Premier League with a bit of coaching.

Really happy he's ours. 

• Like 1

He has shown this potential to burst through midfield in most of the games he has played. The problem was that it was the occasional flash and then going very quiet.

Yesterday was very different he was really involved all game.

I would like to see him do those surging runs where he leaves players for dead on the edge of the opponents box as they have to foul him to get near him.

Guest FoxOwl12
14 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Had reservations about him starting as I thought MK would dominate midfield with him in there, but there midfielders didn’t show up, and it was an excellent performance from him. A real powerhouse running through the middle, bodies hang off him. 

We didn't let their midfield show up. 

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, fpowl said:

He will be a starter next season thats for sure. Serving his apprenriceship mainly under BB who is now encouraging rather than lambasting him. Can''t see Lloungo here next season so a perfect fit.

Guest FoxOwl12
11 hours ago, ronior said:

I’m genuinely not accusing anyone here of racism (intentional or otherwise) but I will say that, in 30 years of watching and reading about football, it always seems to be a black player who’s described as “raw” or a “beast”. I honestly can’t recall a white man being depicted in those terms. Just an observation.

Anyway, I thought FDB and the rest were cracking tonight, especially in the first half. I feared Luongo would be missed greatlyin midfield  but FDB put me right at ease from kickoff.

What a pathetic post. Shearer was called a beast, Rooney was a raw talent plus many more white footballers similarly described. Why do people like you need to bring race into it. 

A lot of modern day midfield players are coached to protect the ball, when they receive the ball their first instinct is to play sideways or backwards.

Dele is an old school midfielder, he gets the ball and his instinct is to carry it forward, similar in the way Carlton Palmer used to do it

He’s raw which makes him a bit unpredictable. He had his best game on a Wednesday shirt last night, and he’s currently fasting for Ramadan

He can be a beast of a player no doubt about it

And for clarity, I often call Dean a beast of a player too

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.