Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

9 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Agree with that.Just carries the ball title too far sometimes,and runs into blind alleys.

Terrific tonight,and I think he just shaded MOM.

MOM despite Bannan scoring 1 and assisting 2? 😅

Dele had a good game. Strong and powerful. Hopefully he can progress more

3 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Thats why I've been saying he needs to start.

Who for though Andrew?

Byers has scored 5 in 14. Bannan’s contribution is immense and he’s undroppable. If it’s a head to head he loses out to Rolls Royce Luongo.

He’s a terrific and pretty unique player. Hard to believe his power and pace at just turned 21. Bannan yesterday said Fiz can become anything he wants; I’d totally agree with that.

If he plays consistently like he played for much of yesterday he’d pose a huge selection headache for Moore, but he doesn’t. He goes very quiet in games too often. His effort and drive seem to drift.

I’d love to think that playing some games alongside two from Bannan, Luongo and Byers will show him the level he needs to play at. He’s got the lot and I could easily see him forcing his way into the side early next season. 

But for now I think he showed yesterday that the side isn’t weakened if one of the three amigos is missing. He’s given Moore the luxury of being able to nurse Luongo to the end of the season, and (touch-wood) even give Bannan and Byers a rest if we make the play-offs with a game or two to spare.

• Like 2

I get the feeling there's some good coaching these days.

Fizz before last night: exciting when he surged forward, but needed a bit of space to accelerate, then a bit head down.

Fizz last night: turned and started runs in tight spaces. Involved in the little midfield exchanges. Defensively ended up wrong side of his man more than the others, but looked a real player.

Bannan before this season: hard-working, great passer, reliable. Always wondered if he influenced the game enough from deep, but when he did play further forward he often disappointed, especially with his shooting.

Bannan this season: I know it's League One, but just: Wow!

And have to mention the other midfielder, I thought Byers as usual made great interceptions and knitted the team together last night.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ronior said:

I’m genuinely not accusing anyone here of racism (intentional or otherwise) but I will say that, in 30 years of watching and reading about football, it always seems to be a black player who’s described as “raw” or a “beast”. I honestly can’t recall a white man being depicted in those terms. Just an observation.

Anyway, I thought FDB and the rest were cracking tonight, especially in the first half. I feared Luongo would be missed greatlyin midfield  but FDB put me right at ease from kickoff.

I’d describe Corbeanu as raw. 

I’d describe Haaland or Ronaldo as a beast. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I described him as raw and I’m black myself. From my point of view it means raw talent. Lacking in some basics but can show some pure quality. 

I also describe non black players who are of similar ability as raw as I assume that’s what many others do.

A problem with looking for racism where there seemingly isn’t any dilutes the argument. It means it’s not taken as seriously unfortunately. People (idiots) use it as an excuse not to pay attention to or care about actual injustices or inequality, using phrases like playing the race card or moaning that their at it again.

Anyway I hope this helps, from my point of view anyway. I can’t really speak for anyone else.

Great post mate and totally agree. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Thats why I've been saying he needs to start.

There has been nothing in his performances over the last 20 months and up to last night to justify starting him.

For the first time last night we saw signs that there might be a player in there , but we have waited a long time for that to happen.

The big challenge for the lad is , can he produce that level consistently ?...........if he can it will save us a wedge of money.

• Like 1

The thing with Dele is, you watch him play and think there’s so much more to his game than he shows.

I think last night was the first time I’ve really seen him show what he’s capable of for the vast majority of the game. Those driving runs, not many midfielders have that type of ability and strength. 

2 hours ago, WalworthOwl said:

I get the feeling there's some good coaching these days.

Fizz before last night: exciting when he surged forward, but needed a bit of space to accelerate, then a bit head down.

Fizz last night: turned and started runs in tight spaces. Involved in the little midfield exchanges. Defensively ended up wrong side of his man more than the others, but looked a real player.

Bannan before this season: hard-working, great passer, reliable. Always wondered if he influenced the game enough from deep, but when he did play further forward he often disappointed, especially with his shooting.

Bannan this season: I know it's League One, but just: Wow!

And have to mention the other midfielder, I thought Byers as usual made great interceptions and knitted the team together last night.

Yes a good few players seem to have improved this season.

Byers and Berahino are good examples of others who Moore and his team seem to have brought on and improved. Watching Berahino last night compared to his early appearances was like chalk and cheese.

Great to see as it has always seemed in recent times like players join us and go backwards.

Really feels like the club is moving in the right direction at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yes a good few players seem to have improved this season.

Byers and Berahino are good examples of others who Moore and his team seem to have brought on and improved. Watching Berahino last night compared to his early appearances was like chalk and cheese.

Great to see as it has always seemed in recent times like players join us and go backwards.

Really feels like the club is moving in the right direction at the moment.

For all the stick Berahino used to get in the media for being lazy and a problem causer…

We’re not seeing that at Wednesday. The bloke worked non stop last night, never stopped chasing. Put a reyt shift in. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For all the stick Berahino used to get in the media for being lazy and a problem causer…

We’re not seeing that at Wednesday. The bloke worked non stop last night, never stopped chasing. Put a reyt shift in. 

He's been excellent in recent months.

By all accounts he's been doing additional training to strengthen up and it is showing. 

Just now, SiJ said:

He's been excellent in recent months.

By all accounts he's been doing additional training to strengthen up and it is showing. 

Yep one I’ll hold my hands up too. Thought it was a pointless signing.

But he’s improved hugely. Very good on the ball too, rarely wastes possession with his back to goal. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But he’s improved hugely. Very good on the ball too, rarely wastes possession with his back to goal. 

It's quite nice having two strikers who are so good with their back to goal.

It's a bit of a dying art these days with that sort of striker having been somewhat fazed out at the higher level.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thought he wasn't bringing in other players earlier in the season but that seems to have improved, though i'm not so  sure that he and Berahino are on the same wavelength.