Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

He was great tonight but Byers and Bannan were better and Byers sitting and breaking up play allowed Fizz the freedom to make his surging runs. 

What is particularly encouraging for me is seeing Fizz’s strength and physicality. He very much reminds me of Patrick Viera. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

He was great tonight but Byers and Bannan were better and Byers sitting and breaking up play allowed Fizz the freedom to make his surging runs. 

What is particularly encouraging for me is seeing Fizz’s strength and physicality. He very much reminds me of Patrick Viera. 

Byers but a foot in decisively at some key moments in the first half. We looked so calm and in control until the second Dean went off. Was a bit ragged after that I thought.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Had reservations about him starting as I thought MK would dominate midfield with him in there, but there midfielders didn’t show up, and it was an excellent performance from him. A real powerhouse running through the middle, bodies hang off him. 

The kind of player we have missed for many a year. Would never have played under Carlos as he’s not really a player who will play into a possession game but sometimes you just need a bit of brute force to simplify things. 

Like Alan Quinn before him, he just needs to know when to pass and when to keep on running 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

He was good

He was Massive

Reyt Player...

Should try an easy pass more often in future though...( Beating two players isn't required every time your given the ball)

I think he was trying to make a name for himself tonight in front of the sky cameras. 

He offers something different to Luongo. 

Luongo is an anchorman with playmaker ability. He solidifies that midfield like no other and he's Absolute class.

Dele is a pure engine, box to box midfielder.  Isn't afraid to run with the ball and carry it as far as he can. I've see few players who can match him physically. 

Love them both, and both offer something different. No idea why some think Dele is a bad footballer, saw some shocking criticism levelled his way no more than a week ago. Seems his introduction in this game has proven some wrong. Damn well it should have. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I’m genuinely not accusing anyone here of racism (intentional or otherwise) but I will say that, in 30 years of watching and reading about football, it always seems to be a black player who’s described as “raw” or a “beast”. I honestly can’t recall a white man being depicted in those terms. Just an observation.

Anyway, I thought FDB and the rest were cracking tonight, especially in the first half. I feared Luongo would be missed greatlyin midfield  but FDB put me right at ease from kickoff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

There were a few times tonight where he had at least 2 or 3 players that he just would not give the ball up for and used his strength and drive really well. If he can do that and take players out of the game and then give it simply to the more skilfully effective midfielders in Bannan and Byers then there’s a good balance there. Yes he’s still raw but he’s physically a really strong player and very athletic -  unlike anything we’ve seen for a while.

• Like 2

Confidence is a huge thing with these young players. We need to be singing his name and making him realize how much he is loved. Just like Mel Sterland pushed on once he knew the crowd were behind him. 

Big talent and could generate a huge fee in the future. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ronior said:

I’m genuinely not accusing anyone here of racism (intentional or otherwise) but I will say that, in 30 years of watching and reading about football, it always seems to be a black player who’s described as “raw” or a “beast”. I honestly can’t recall a white man being depicted in those terms. Just an observation.

11 hours ago, Taz said:

Banana is a beast 

best player of this generation of Wednesday 

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
9 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Good young lad. 

Gone ( hopefully) are the days when BB use to be on his case for doing silly things and taking his mind off the ganme. The guy as now stepped up to the plate and after last nights game Im so pleased for the lad for his commitment and to a degree his dominance in midfield. He gets better wiith each game. He reallly is a powerhouse.

Anyway, I thought FDB and the rest were cracking tonight, especially in the first half. I feared Luongo would be missed greatlyin midfield  but FDB put me right at ease from kickoff.

Un-necessary and pointless. Stop bringing race into something that isnt there

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wayne Rooney was described similarly as a younger player. I think it can be used for anyone who is a big powerful player 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-who-discovered-wayne-rooney-6692895.amp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1