Set Piece Goals

We've scored 4 set piece goals in 20 away games before tonight.

Then we pop up with 2 in 20 minutes!

The Franchise FC 'keeper may have looked suspect to say the least, but both looked like well-worked training-ground routines, too.

Lovely stuff.

Hopefully we may have added another string to our bow, even at this late stage of the season?

Yeah sky definitely said we’re a huge threat from corners and I burst out laughing.

We’re maybe a threat to ourselves when defending corners? 

Well worked corner for Saido’s goal. Not sure the second one was that good a corner tbh but Gregory found a way to it.

Well done Baz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We've scored 4 set piece goals in 20 away games before tonight.

Then we pop up with 2 in 20 minutes!

The Franchise FC 'keeper may have looked suspect to say the least, but both looked like well-worked training-ground routines, too.

Lovely stuff.

Hopefully we may have added another string to our bow, even at this late stage of the season?

Scored from set peice at Bolton aswell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Scored from set peice at Bolton aswell.

Oh yeah, I forgot that.

So that's 6 set piece goals away from home for the season, and 3 have come in the last two matches.

It's a good time to start, too. Particularly tonight, as we actually struggled to create a great deal in open play, which is to be expected against that defence, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that.

So that's 6 set piece goals away from home for the season, and 3 have come in the last two matches.

It's a good time to start, too. Particularly tonight, as we actually struggled to create a great deal in open play, which is to be expected against that defence, I suppose.

Wonder if fact we've been playing 1 game per week recently (after that mad Saturday/Tuesday period week after week) has given them more time on training ground to work on the set plays.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl