MK Dons - Wednesday - OMDT

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

It always seems to happen when we are on TV that we get a major injury blow. We can cope without Hutchinson but Luongo has been the main reason for our turnaround in form.

I actually think he’s been off the boil last few games, looked to me like he was playing through summat. Obviously he’s a level up so still good but his passing was very hit and miss. Think we’ll be ok with Byers, Bannan and whoever else is best placed to add a bit of physicality, as long as NML is played wide too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

I actually think he’s been off the boil last few games, looked to me like he was playing through summat. Obviously he’s a level up so still good but his passing was very hit and miss. Think we’ll be ok with Byers, Bannan and whoever else is best placed to add a bit of physicality, as long as NML is played wide too.

It could be Paterson in midfield, as we saw for the last half hour against Bolton?

If that's the case, then I'm not sure who's best placed to partner Gregory up top from the start of this one, really - if we think they're going to play a deep-ish backline, then Berahino's your man to find that pocket of space and get a shot away; if we think they're going to play a high backline, then Mendez-Laing's pace is likely to cause more problems. Either way, we have an option from the bench to try and change things again if needed.

If Luongo really is out, then that's a massive blow - he's our most important player, in my opinion. We've just got to hope that whoever steps in for him can put in a shift anywhere near what we've seen from him in recent months.

• Like 2

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It could be Paterson in midfield, as we saw for the last half hour against Bolton?

If that's the case, then I'm not sure who's best placed to partner Gregory up top from the start of this one, really - if we think they're going to play a deep-ish backline, then Berahino's your man to find that pocket of space and get a shot away; if we think they're going to play a high backline, then Mendez-Laing's pace is likely to cause more problems. Either way, we have an option from the bench to try and change things again if needed.

If Luongo really is out, then that's a massive blow - he's our most important player, in my opinion. We've just got to hope that whoever steps in for him can put in a shift anywhere near what we've seen from him in recent months.

Rather see Paterson come on to force the issue last half-hour again if we need it, personally. I’d start Berahino but can also see an argument for Flo to start with.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If it is Paterson it may mean that Bannan drops back allowing Paterson to be furthest forward. May be better with FDB playing so Bannan can remain further forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I wouldn’t play Fizz, would be the wrong call IMO

You may be right in a game like this. Crewe would be a different matter however as we need to attack them and should be able to cope if we leave ourselves exposed a bit. It may be better to play Paterson and have a solid 3 in midfield rather than Bannan further forward.

We need to force a result tonight especially with yesterday's results not going our way (Plymouth excepted, of course)...

Playoff candidates are still getting results despite not playing well. Toytown were rubbish against Ipswich but still managed to win.

The only exception is that Cambridge "We beat them 6-0" United are looking like Brazil whilst beating Wigan at the moment (71 minutes gone).

Nothing to fear in the playoffs given current form but we've got to get there first!