MK Dons - Wednesday - OMDT

3 minutes ago, keefdave said:

I'm not saying it wasn't well taken. The defender was covering a low shot, he should have stayed big..........................................ffs

Have to agree to disagree mate, just watched it back and there's no defender covering,

The issue is being wide open down this near side.

• Like 1

brilliant first half but tempo upset by Dean injury. Support fantastic except in final 10 minutes when we go quiet - why? 3-1 up we should be in full voice behind our team for the whole half. We pass on our nerves by shutting up. And yes I’m at the game not in any armchair before anyone says different. Come on Wednesday!

• Like 2

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Thought the fault was shared between Dunkley and Storey, Dunkley’s header was aimless but while Gabbidon on commentary said Storey did nothing wrong I thought he was out of position and a bit flat-footed.

Doesn’t take away from the fact that Parrott did really well to carry it forward and finish like that.

He won his duel if it had been an uncontested header then yes but he absolutely  did his job. The defenders to his right absolutely  didnt.

I'll say it again, had Dean done the same people would be praising him.

Just now, Hoofit said:

brilliant first half but tempo upset by Dean injury. Support fantastic except in final 10 minutes when we go quiet - why? 3-1 up we should be in full voice behind our team for the whole half. We pass on our nerves by shutting up. And yes I’m at the game not in any armchair before anyone says different. Come on Wednesday!

Get everybody singing then. lol

Just now, owls maniac said:

Dunkley bashing started again, totally forgetting that prior to his injury he was our best player. 

Didn't you hear? We have to have somebody to blame for conceding. 

Forgetting the fact that it was an extremely calm finish by Parrott. He knew exactly where he wanted the ball to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Can’t be anything other than delighted with that. Feared the worst when I saw Luongo wasn’t in the squad but this midfield three seems to work just as well, Bannan and Byers particularly excellent.

Obvious negative is Dean going off, we don’t feel half as secure by comparison with Dunkley in the back three. I read recently (think it was The Wednesday Blog or something similar) that he’s set for release, wouldn’t come as a surprise. 

Genuinely a huge team talk for Darren this, the three points would be huge and they’re all but ours unless focus is allowed to slip. 

Regarding Dunkley, I was told Moore is looking for ball playing centre halves in the summer so Dunkley is off. Also told we will be looking to offload Iofra and that Mendez-Laing is wanted by Wigan and could be off should we remain in League One next season.

Just now, HootHoot said:

I think you're reading a little too much into it to be honest, looking for somebody to blame when it's simply a case of a well-taken counter-attack. I'm not going to hold his attempted clearance against him.

Just saying seen Dunkley do that a fair few times this season already. Storey and BPF could have done better, but heading a ball straight to the opposition player, when he should have just controlled it better. They are pros not Sunday league players. 

Just hope he doesn’t cost us another goal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hoofit said:

I'm on the settee....ok??