Burnley sack manager

Doesn't surprise me, but Dyche has done an unavailable job there to keep them up for so long. 

Sure he will have no shortage of offers and Burnley can now start the descent into lower league oblivion.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

I reckon it's for either 1 of 2 reasons

Dyche has said he's leaving at the end of the season so they've got rid in order to have someone in  and up and running by the start of next season

ooooooor

The new owners are the special kinds of idiots. who've hoofed a load of debt onto Burnley like the Glazers did with Man Utd, but not realised until too late that actually in order for Burnley to remain profitable, they can't afford to go down and have panicked without a plan B

I know what my money is on 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I reckon it's for either 1 of 2 reasons

Dyche has said he's leaving at the end of the season so they've got rid in order to have someone in  and up and running by the start of next season

ooooooor

The new owners are the special kinds of idiots. who've hoofed a load of debt onto Burnley like the Glazers did with Man Utd, but not realised until too late that actually in order for Burnley to remain profitable, they can't afford to go down and have panicked without a plan B

I know what my money is on 

I'm going with B.

They won't get a better manager than Dyche. It just worked, even if they went down this season.

If ever a manager had earned the right to get a team back up, it was Dyche.

They had no right going up twice, let alone finishing 7th, staying up for several years.

I would be relatively confident that Burnley will go back to being a middling Championship side. Who knows, perhaps even worse.

• Like 1

Seems a really bizarre decision. So they go down this season, they’ve punched above their weight for years now. Surely Dyche deserved the chance to take them back up? 

New US owners first chance to flex their muscles. They’ve probably seen what the American owners have done at Leeds in sacking Bielsa and thought they would gamble.

Think they will go down with or without him in charge. Be interesting who they go for. Maybe big Sam? Was a disaster at the weekend them losing to Norwich and Everton winning. If they where going to make a change they probably should have done it before now. 

Edited by WalthamOwl